NASCAR PIN in MO ? You betcha - high res pics too!

Detailed Nascar Pinball Pictures.
These were taken with permission from Stern, (we may have taken a few MORE
pictures with a teeny bit more detail than we initially said, but really,
it's OK....... we liked it! )

Great Game, fun, play appeal, decent rules, very few bugs (we played it for
10+ hours) (free play to boot!) some quirky things in the rules, but no
show stoppers......

1) No html skills were used in posting this page
2) It's a HUGE page with a lot of HIGH res pictures (deal with it, sorry)
3) Yes it's a Stern Nascar
4) No it's not mine (yet)
5) Yes, we burned roms for it Friday morning - ones we installed were.081 (I
think)
6) No review, but feel free to ask questions about it.
7) It's a Tripod free page, so they may freak about a lot of bandwith on
these, I'll look for alternate posting sites if I get around to it.

Not, the link, But first, you can buy these from me as well - not yet
because this one is a test piece with PRODUCTION playfield and art, just
proto roms..... Questions, pinball@kc.rr.com

http://kc-pinball.tripod.com/main.html
Thanks and you're welcome, Bernie KC-Pinball
(Oh, I'll answer questions, but not tonight, I'm getting drunk shortly after
I post this!.......)
25 answers Last reply
More about nascar betcha high pics

    Send me the files in a .zip and I'll be happy to host the page for you
    on pinballblog.com.

    http://www.pinballblog.com
    http://www.gameroomblog.com

    Damn Bernie, forget NASCAR, I would have been all over that claw game!
    Thanks for the pics, some really great shots. Can you comment on the
    race track effect and how did it work?

    Charlie L.

    Those siderails are interesting.

    --
    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Detailed Nascar Pinball Pictures.
    > These were taken with permission from Stern, (we may have taken a few MORE
    > pictures with a teeny bit more detail than we initially said, but really,
    > it's OK....... we liked it! )
    >
    > Great Game, fun, play appeal, decent rules, very few bugs (we played it
    > for 10+ hours) (free play to boot!) some quirky things in the rules, but
    > no show stoppers......
    >
    > 1) No html skills were used in posting this page
    > 2) It's a HUGE page with a lot of HIGH res pictures (deal with it, sorry)
    > 3) Yes it's a Stern Nascar
    > 4) No it's not mine (yet)
    > 5) Yes, we burned roms for it Friday morning - ones we installed were.081
    > (I think)
    > 6) No review, but feel free to ask questions about it.
    > 7) It's a Tripod free page, so they may freak about a lot of bandwith on
    > these, I'll look for alternate posting sites if I get around to it.
    >
    > Not, the link, But first, you can buy these from me as well - not yet
    > because this one is a test piece with PRODUCTION playfield and art, just
    > proto roms..... Questions, pinball@kc.rr.com
    >
    > http://kc-pinball.tripod.com/main.html
    > Thanks and you're welcome, Bernie KC-Pinball
    > (Oh, I'll answer questions, but not tonight, I'm getting drunk shortly
    > after I post this!.......)

    looking at my spelling, I might have been drunk WHILE I posted this....
    sorry, bad grammar is free.....
    Enjoy! Bernie KC-Pinball

    "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Detailed Nascar Pinball Pictures.
    > These were taken with permission from Stern, (we may have taken a few MORE
    > pictures with a teeny bit more detail than we initially said, but really,
    > it's OK....... we liked it! )
    >
    > Great Game, fun, play appeal, decent rules, very few bugs (we played it
    > for 10+ hours) (free play to boot!) some quirky things in the rules, but
    > no show stoppers......
    >
    > 1) No html skills were used in posting this page
    > 2) It's a HUGE page with a lot of HIGH res pictures (deal with it, sorry)
    > 3) Yes it's a Stern Nascar
    > 4) No it's not mine (yet)
    > 5) Yes, we burned roms for it Friday morning - ones we installed were.081
    > (I think)
    > 6) No review, but feel free to ask questions about it.
    > 7) It's a Tripod free page, so they may freak about a lot of bandwith on
    > these, I'll look for alternate posting sites if I get around to it.
    >
    > Not, the link, But first, you can buy these from me as well - not yet
    > because this one is a test piece with PRODUCTION playfield and art, just
    > proto roms..... Questions, pinball@kc.rr.com
    >
    > http://kc-pinball.tripod.com/main.html
    > Thanks and you're welcome, Bernie KC-Pinball
    > (Oh, I'll answer questions, but not tonight, I'm getting drunk shortly
    > after I post this!.......)

    The "Stern Speedway" as they call the loop around the playfield is a neat
    effect. When you launch the ball, it does a lap before dropping into play.
    When you get a multiball (it also has the add a ball multiball), You will
    have 2 balls locked on the PF, ball 3 auto launches and does 10 laps (verbal
    countdown) as you play the other 2 balls. When you hear "ONE", it's coming
    onto the PF. Well done, balls can drop in it from time to time, but they
    only do a 1/2 loop and dump right back into play. It's distracting at
    first, but after a few games, you are just fascinated by the 2 balls you are
    trying to keep in play and the 3rd one looping below the flippers. What was
    un-expected about the "speedway" is that the balls don't zip around like
    getaway, then kind of cruise solwer than you could think, but at a speed
    that - well, is like a scale model nascar track. Well done - wish I would
    have thought of it.
    I know this makes the game a bit narrower and a bit shorter as to the
    "playfield square inches", but I like it. Your mileage may vary, but It
    will be the hit of the gameroom for a while.

    The Test Car is the integral portion of the game, hit it to activate it, it
    lifts up and you have to get the ball in the scoop. Bump N Run is a great
    mode for this, you bash the car, it pops up and you get like 400K points,
    but it pops up and you have what seems to be 2 seconds to drop it into the
    scoop for even more points. It also has a mode that by putting the ball in
    the scoop (they call it the garage) it increases the value of all of the
    jackpot shots, so put it in the garage 5 or 6 times, get jackpots worth a
    mil+ and MAKE the jackpot shot. Easier said than done.

    I like it, but I also like popeye, so make your own decision, but this game
    looked great, I love the more traditional playfield art - stern does seem to
    have very transparent inserts, so they light up super bright, There seems to
    be alittle less cheese in this game (figurines etc), and that may be why it
    seems more old school. It's a good universal theme (at least in MY
    universe), it will go well in just about any location, and the chicks that
    were there with us liked the game ant they were "not pinball players"....

    Also a tough game to score big on - the default high score is 100M, and the
    best any of us chuckers could pull of was in the 45-48 mil range.
    "Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Damn Bernie, forget NASCAR, I would have been all over that claw game!
    > Thanks for the pics, some really great shots. Can you comment on the
    > race track effect and how did it work?
    >
    > Charlie L.

    Zipping now, will send in the AM.... There are 2X the pics in the zip
    file... more under the PF, some looking down the PF at the flippers. There
    are a lot of general pics out there, so I shot more of the detail areas.
    Just select the best ones and stick them out there... once you do, I'll
    take my page down.... Thanks..
    Bernie KC-Pinball
    "Rictor" <rictor99@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Send me the files in a .zip and I'll be happy to host the page for you
    > on pinballblog.com.
    >
    > http://www.pinballblog.com
    > http://www.gameroomblog.com

    thanks for the pics and some description sounds cool, looks like a newton
    ball without the rod, just held in by that fat metal rolled bracket. Very
    good pics, can't wait you lucky dogs.

    Trin
    > Zipping now, will send in the AM.... There are 2X the pics in the zip
    > file... more under the PF, some looking down the PF at the flippers.
    > There are a lot of general pics out there, so I shot more of the detail
    > areas.
    > Just select the best ones and stick them out there... once you do, I'll
    > take my page down.... Thanks..
    > Bernie KC-Pinball
    > "Rictor" <rictor99@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Send me the files in a .zip and I'll be happy to host the page for you
    >> on pinballblog.com.
    >>
    >> http://www.pinballblog.com
    >> http://www.gameroomblog.com

    >Already starting to wear on the test game in IL. I've >nicknamed the track
    >"The Wearinator". :) I think this is the first game >that I would say that
    >it's _REQUIRED_ to be re-clearcoated (or, at the >very least, mylared!) even
    >for _home_ use.

    I will go on record now and say that this will be the dirtiest-running
    game ever, usurping Getaway's top spot. That much steel-on-steel is
    going to generate a LOT of black dust. Looks fun, though!

    cchu...@comcast.net schreef:

    > >Already starting to wear on the test game in IL. I've >nicknamed the track
    > >"The Wearinator". :) I think this is the first game >that I would say that
    > >it's _REQUIRED_ to be re-clearcoated (or, at the >very least, mylared!) even
    > >for _home_ use.
    >
    > I will go on record now and say that this will be the dirtiest-running
    > game ever, usurping Getaway's top spot. That much steel-on-steel is
    > going to generate a LOT of black dust. Looks fun, though!

    they 'STERN' should be using some 1mm lexan as underlying coat or yes
    re' clearcoating it perhaps.on the speedtrack to prevent wear on the
    playfield. if it's allready start to wear over there,. then it is
    worser then i could imagine. since the testgame is only served for lets
    say a couple of weeks?! a month? i hope stern has a forthseeing eye on
    this upcoming issue. and makes some inprovements on it, to prevent
    playfield damage.

    What location is the test game in IL? I'd like to go play it.

    Kitch

    Manic wrote:
    > Wow notice the HUGE metal cab protectors by the flipper
    > buttons... I guess I *should* be happy Stern is doing this ...but
    > man they are ugly. I guess upgrading the ink or the art was
    > out of the question but now I think even the clear mylar rings
    > look better than these (and I don't like those either ;-)

    IMO, this is the best thing Stern could have done, perhaps they could
    have been a little smaller but I think the overall idea is a good one.

    > The "Stern Speedway" as they call the loop around the playfield is a neat
    > effect. When you launch the ball, it does a lap before dropping into play.

    Is there anyway to bypass this effect? I mean, it sounds cool, but I've
    got the feeling that after five games I'm going to be saying "Please
    just LET ME PLAY!", the same way I do with opening DMD animations.

    "Manic" <manicmusicREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Another question is how long before the constantly revolving
    > ball wears a permanent path around the PF? Maybe the slower
    > speed of this (as you described) will help hold this off for
    > a while?

    Already starting to wear on the test game in IL. I've nicknamed the track
    "The Wearinator". :) I think this is the first game that I would say that
    it's _REQUIRED_ to be re-clearcoated (or, at the very least, mylared!) even
    for _home_ use.

    I'm hoping that they have an adjustment to turn off the automatic loop on
    launch; after your first three games it's just like, "ugh... ENOUGH
    already!!"

    Sounds like the Hurricane "skill" shot....

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "TheKorn" <TheKorn@TheKorn.Net> wrote

    > I'm hoping that they have an adjustment to turn off the automatic loop on
    > launch; after your first three games it's just like, "ugh... ENOUGH
    > already!!"

    no, it only takes a second or 2 during launch - kind of like launching into
    pop bumpers....
    "Boyd Bottorff" <bbottorff@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >> The "Stern Speedway" as they call the loop around the playfield is a neat
    >> effect. When you launch the ball, it does a lap before dropping into
    >> play.
    >
    > Is there anyway to bypass this effect? I mean, it sounds cool, but I've
    > got the feeling that after five games I'm going to be saying "Please
    > just LET ME PLAY!", the same way I do with opening DMD animations.

    This model (the one in MO) was wear free, BUT it had less than 400 plays on
    it - . I can't imagine there being too much differnece in the playfields
    (Korn's tester and this one)... So that is disturbing. I'd hate to have
    these out on route and them get worn like that. Maybe owner installed mylar
    in that area would be an option.... I know Stern Reads this stuff, and
    I'll toss a note up that way as well tomorrow....

    Since I won't get to THIS piece ever again, I'll leave the longevity portion
    to the Korn.

    Bernie KC-Pinball

    "TheKorn" <TheKorn@TheKorn.Net> wrote in message
    > "Manic" <manicmusicREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Another question is how long before the constantly revolving
    >> ball wears a permanent path around the PF? Maybe the slower
    >> speed of this (as you described) will help hold this off for
    >> a while?
    >
    > Already starting to wear on the test game in IL. I've nicknamed the track
    > "The Wearinator". :) I think this is the first game that I would say
    > that
    > it's _REQUIRED_ to be re-clearcoated (or, at the very least, mylared!)
    > even
    > for _home_ use.
    >
    > I'm hoping that they have an adjustment to turn off the automatic loop on
    > launch; after your first three games it's just like, "ugh... ENOUGH
    > already!!"

    Thanks for posting such great photos. Warning! Sugercoating off. THAT
    IS THE UGLIEST PINBALL MACHINE OF ALL TIME. And i'm not just saying
    that because the theme is so incredibly lame and is geared towards
    rednecks. The artwork is HORRIFIC!! Terrible colors, aweful fonts,
    every color of the rainbow mixed together. Worst of all is the cheap
    Beavis and Butthead artwork quality. I mean this thing makes Ripleys
    BION look like a masterpiece. The start button? Watch out it will shock
    you - lame! Nice target decals - 1980's jet ski artwork? Such a
    convincing looking tower too. If we don't have it sign w/ checkered
    flag looks like it should be sticking out of a pineapple. Playfiled is
    boring, generic, simplistic and cheap looking. The back plastic of the
    teal, hot pink and yellow semi is SO COOL - NOT! The cabinet and
    backglass are pretty weak as well but my favorite thing is the huge
    cabinet wear protectors in case bigfoot drops by for a few games. And
    last but certainly not least is the ultra cool looking test car!! In
    stunning primer gray (as not to confuse the player that it is a "test"
    car not a shiny colorfully painted "race" car) but in case you need
    help identifying it as a "test" car it cleary states it ON the CAR and
    if you still need help there is a BIG SIGN that says it to - with
    arrows. Top round things up, the rest of the game is covered with top
    notch ink jet quality decals and plastics. I hope this is a player
    because it is certainly NOT a looker.

    PinballShark review over.

    Rednecks and inbreds flame away, i have my fire retardant NASCAR under
    skivies on.

    > This model (the one in MO) was wear free, BUT it had less than 400
    > plays on it - . I can't imagine there being too much differnece in
    > the playfields (Korn's tester and this one)... So that is disturbing.
    > I'd hate to have these out on route and them get worn like that.
    > Maybe owner installed mylar in that area would be an option.... I
    > know Stern Reads this stuff, and I'll toss a note up that way as well
    > tomorrow....

    Where it seems ultra-critical is in the UL portion of the track where the
    ball goes over the T-nuts. Right under that section on the test machine is
    where something baaaad is starting to go on. If nothing else, mylar the
    area directly underneath the t-nuts for 4 or 5 inches IMHO.

    And, obviously, around both sets of magnet boosters, although it's really
    hard to see if anything is going on at the UR one.

    "Bernie -KCPinball" <pinball@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Detailed Nascar Pinball Pictures.
    > These were taken with permission from Stern, (we may have taken a few MORE
    > pictures with a teeny bit more detail than we initially said, but really,
    > it's OK....... we liked it! )

    So who's going to be the first to take some video of this machine? I've love
    to see how a few of the things work. If only it were close to me, I could do
    some HD footage!

    - Daniel

    Thanks for the pics. Does anyone know what happened to the cabinet
    colors on this machine compared to the pics on the Stern website and
    the flyers? In those pics the cabinet is a really cool blue and black
    checkered pattern and in these pics it is an ugly white and black.

    --
    Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F

    Vids - D*nkey Kong

    Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20

    I don't think Nascar will be the ugliest pinball machine of all time.
    That would be Sopranos :)

    Runners-up for ugliest game of all time:
    Transporter
    Genesis
    Paddock (Williams)

    Josh

    Sure thing...I will post the link here after I get the files.

    I zipped the pics, but it was a 21Mb file, so I'll have to cut out some
    of them... You should have them tonight.

    Bernie KCP

    Rictor wrote:
    > Sure thing...I will post the link here after I get the files.

    Just break them down into a few zip files if they are too big.

    Woahhhh Cornholio.
    Knock Nascar all you want, just leave Beavis and Butthead out of it!!!

Games Nascar Video Games