Safely Remove Hardware

I just installed a Card Reader for my digital camera and now this comes up
down by my clock all the time. Is it OK to let it just stay there or is there
a way to have the card reader still hooked up and not have that down there. I
am running XP home.

Allan
4 answers Last reply
More about safely remove hardware

    I get the same thing using things like that via USB/etc..

    I find it very anonying but havnt found a way to get rid of it..

    as far as I know, there is no way to rid yourself of that, but you can set
    it to 'always hide' by right clicking
    taskbar>properties>taskbar>customize..scroll to find it, then set it to
    always hide.
    The purpose, of course, is for the well being of your pc. If you want to
    remove those USB plugs/devices, it's best to first remove it from there,
    then remove it from it's source.
    There are programs that claim to get rid of it, but from those that I have
    read about, they basically just 'always hide' but they don't remove it from
    that notification area.

    "RD Shurr" <RShurr@GMail.Com> wrote in message
    >I get the same thing using things like that via USB/etc..
    >
    > I find it very anonying but havnt found a way to get rid of it..

    Maybe right click the task bar, click Properties.
    Then put a check mark in Hide inactive icons

    "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed a Card Reader for my digital camera and now this comes up
    > down by my clock all the time. Is it OK to let it just stay there or is
    > there
    > a way to have the card reader still hooked up and not have that down
    > there. I
    > am running XP home.
    >
    > Allan

    Hi
    Yes it is perfectly ok, when you double click it a window opens and shows
    what usb devices
    you have connected to your system,and how to safely remove them if needed.
    Chas

Hardware Cameras Windows XP