Looking for a home or small office printer with direct scan to email

howiecamp

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I'm looking for a home or small office printer with direct scan to email, e.g. I'd like the printer to store various email addresses in an internal address book, then allow the user to scan documents directly from the printer (with no computer involved) and email the scanned documents to one of the email addresses in the address book. The important thing for me here is that there's no computer involved at all; I'd like everything to be done at the scanner itself.

Thanks!

eloboeb

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010

I use one in the office exactly what you are looking for, it's a SHARP printer but it's a huge machine. Have a look on SHARP site, they may have smaller ones with the same functionalities.

howiecamp

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hi there - thanks much for responding so quickly. That's my experience exactly! I've seen it on the HUGE office printers that weigh 6,000 pounds and take up half the room. :) The logic behind scanning directly to email certainly isn't complicated and wouldn't cost anything to implement. It's interesting that a couple of years ago they added the ability to take photos off a usb drive or SD card and print directly, bypassing a computer. They did this of course because it made the process dead-simply for everyday people. Great idea. I think the scan to email would be a terrific feature b/c I've rarely seen a single Joe User be able to do scan to email with a PC - it just gets too complicated.