bent slide rails

martin

My Creature has been previously shopped by a relative of Paul Bunyan. A
later tech filled up a lot of stripped holes with what looks like
putty. Anyhow, one of the problems is that the slide rails would not
lock, unless the playfield was about a foot above the normal lock
position.

Cliffy put me wise to the problem. It is possible to jam the slide
locks UNDER the pivot nuts, and then try to lift the table. This bends
the slides open, leading to the problem that I have.

It is relatively easy to fix. Lift the table to vertical. Then, pull
the screws on one rail, and then you can work the slide rail out. The
table rests on the wooden ledge in the case.

The side rail sohould be square and in the same plane, You can fix it
with a vise. Replace the rail, then do the other side.

Thanks to Cliffy for the tip. I would never have thought that one would
apply such force to a pin.

Glad to help, Martin. I saw this on a CV I was shopping out for my op
buddy. Some gorilla got the safety catches under the front pivots and
reefed the playfield up hard enough to bend the whole works. What a
beotch to fix :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!