Ralph

Sometimes when I try to hibernate my new laptop I get the following error
message:

"Windows System Error - Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the
API"

Please tell me it's not serious doc, what can be done?

Thanks!

iirc, it's been seen on systems with 2 GB of RAM.

How much RAM memory does this notebook have?
This problem is intermittent ? (happens sometimes, but not every time ? )

Have you checked with your pc's manufacturer?
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"Ralph" wrote
> Sometimes when I try to hibernate my new laptop I get the following error
> message:
>
> "Windows System Error - Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the
> API"
>
> Please tell me it's not serious doc, what can be done?
>
> Thanks!

Ralph

Maurice, thanks for writing, I just installed 1gig ram, it had 512
originally, so I'm up at 1.5gig now, yes, problem is intermittent, happens
one time while I had it performing a large calculation that takes over 8
hours and I wanted to turn it off for the night, had to choose stand by, so I
thought it had to do with it being "busy", but today it did it again while
not doing anything, havent checked with the manufacturer yet...any ideas
right off the bat that you can think of?

THANKS!
Ralph

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> iirc, it's been seen on systems with 2 GB of RAM.
>
> How much RAM memory does this notebook have?
> This problem is intermittent ? (happens sometimes, but not every time ? )
>
> Have you checked with your pc's manufacturer?
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> "Ralph" wrote
> > Sometimes when I try to hibernate my new laptop I get the following error
> > message:
> >
> > "Windows System Error - Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the
> > API"
> >
> > Please tell me it's not serious doc, what can be done?
> >
> > Thanks!

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Ralph wrote:

> Sometimes when I try to hibernate my new laptop I get the following error
> message:
>
> "Windows System Error - Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the
> API"
>
> Please tell me it's not serious doc, what can be done?
>
> Thanks!

Have a look around in these links:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Windows+System+Error+-+Insufficient+System+Resources+exist+to+complete+the+API%22&btnG=Search
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Windows%20System%20Error%20-%20Insufficient%20System%20Resources%20exist%20to%20complete%20the%20API%22&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Ralph

Maurice, did you get my last response? am not having any luck so far, thanks...

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> iirc, it's been seen on systems with 2 GB of RAM.
>
> How much RAM memory does this notebook have?
> This problem is intermittent ? (happens sometimes, but not every time ? )
>
> Have you checked with your pc's manufacturer?
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> "Ralph" wrote
> > Sometimes when I try to hibernate my new laptop I get the following error
> > message:
> >
> > "Windows System Error - Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the
> > API"
> >
> > Please tell me it's not serious doc, what can be done?
> >
> > Thanks!

Ralph

Thanks Rock, unfortunately, is all greek to me, thanks anyways