UK Skill only posts?

Hi,

I've moved recently and the only machine I can find locally is a
Terminator 3. It's got the UK skill only posts and I want to ask the
US RGPer's what they think of these posts (outlanes and centre + 2
extra flipper buttons).

Ping

cchunn3@comcast.net wrote:
> Their only purpose is to make the games easier.

Actually, the purpose of the posts is to make the game a "game of skill"
otherwise the UK gaming board classifies pinball as a "game of chance"
and the tax levies are higher.

Clive
---
Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...

The Coin-Op Cauldron
405 Wild Wing Way
Easley, SC 29642
(864)238-1707
http://www.coinopcauldron.com

I would never own one, I think they detract from the overall appearance of
the finished game, I have played one and after getting used to it, I was
able to play the game a whole lot longer. If you are good enough you don't
need them learn to bump the machine the right way and make shots that don't
cause you to drain is a much better way to play than using the posts. The
posts are not going to help you be a better player on locations or other
peoples houses, how many can you own like that. If you want one for
amusement factor only then go for it.

Trin

"CornCob" <ping.crosby@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1122803387.757851.289770
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I've moved recently and the only machine I can find locally is a
> Terminator 3. It's got the UK skill only posts and I want to ask the
> US RGPer's what they think of these posts (outlanes and centre + 2
> extra flipper buttons).

For someone who doesn't normally play with them, they're about as useless
as WCS94's magna save. I guess if you played games with them all the time,
they'd start to be useful.