Pins spotted in the Outer Banks...NC OBX

Recent trip to the beach allowed for some pinball hunting....
I was successful but amazed.

Almost EVERY stern I found was a bucket of rust...
I played TSPP for an hour and still can't get all the orange
out of my hands...siderails and lockdown bars were mostly rusted.
They sure don't stand up to the salt air. Pretty impressive though to find
an old williams thats been out there for 15 years and only the legs are
rusted ;)

C'mon Gary...give us some standard stainless!! I'll pay the extra couple
bux!

Avalon Pier: TSPP-Monopoly-SP

Dairy Queen---around milepost 13--HS2-M:BOP-Mario Brothers-Slugfest

Dowdys Fair arcade- FT-Gilligans Island--- PLUS several lined up in the back
out of service.

Putt Putt course/arcade--approx mp 5-6- AFM (new grand champ and martian
killer)-SWE:1 (no monitor)
FT-slugfest

There's also a billiard hall on the west side of the main blvd that has a
TSPP
and about 6 coin-op foosball tables...I forgot the name..."somebody's
Billiard"
in a really small strip mall.

I played them all...and they all worked pretty good...the dairy queen was
about the
worst location for just filthy machines but they played.

Chet

And IF your a fisherman or wanna try your luck at fishin' head to Pirates
Cove
Marina and buy a ticket for the Country Girl. You won't be dissapointed.
$90
gets you out 35 miles and I gave away half my fish and still fed 12 of my
in-laws.

Yes, now I remember, my wife said that the pizza place had a pinball.
I never made it to try that one.

Lee

I was at the OB a year ago in Corolla.
They had a non working FT and a non working Slugfest P&B.

Headed south to find a game to play.
Found a Monopoly at the Go-cart track. Pretty beat up, but got GC and
left six games for some kid to play.
He was totally amazed that someone would give up their games for him.

Lee

I was picking up a pizza at that italian place in the grocery store
parking lot (Corolla) in spring of this year. Anyway, they had a T3 in
hardly played condition.

Barry - NY

hooked

Distinguished
May 10, 2005

Like new Monopoly at the Movies in near Hatteras light house. Same
shopping center as the Food Lion. Looked just pulled from the box back
in June.
Robert
Hooked

RBION at Shuck U, mile marker 7 or so on beach road (Virginia Dare
Blvd.) open at 4PM.

Dan

Hooked wrote:
> Like new Monopoly at the Movies in near Hatteras light house. Same
> shopping center as the Food Lion. Looked just pulled from the box back
> in June.
> Robert
> Hooked

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Take the Ocracoke ferry to the SOBX (south of Cape Lookout) and you'll
find Goldeneye and Whirlwind at the Oceanana Fishing Pier in Atlantic
Beach, and also LOTR and Southpark at Lost Treasure Golf in Salter
Path. (NO rust to be found!)

- Don