corrupt file

I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
scanner. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log. I
have two such files and I do not know whether I am supposed to have two or
not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these files and where to get one to
replace the two I have deleted.
2 answers Last reply
More about corrupt file

    Doubt .log files are causing the problem, without the error message can only
    answer 1 question, don't delete the files, either move them to a different
    folder or just rename them......ie: setupapi one.log and setupapi two.log.

    NOTEKY

    "David Black" wrote:

    > I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
    > scanner. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log. I
    > have two such files and I do not know whether I am supposed to have two or
    > not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these files and where to get one to
    > replace the two I have deleted.

    Error message is Windows could not load the installer for Image.

    "NOTEKY" wrote:

    > Doubt .log files are causing the problem, without the error message can only
    > answer 1 question, don't delete the files, either move them to a different
    > folder or just rename them......ie: setupapi one.log and setupapi two.log.
    >
    > NOTEKY
    >
    > "David Black" wrote:
    >
    > > I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
    > > scanner. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log. I
    > > have two such files and I do not know whether I am supposed to have two or
    > > not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these files and where to get one to
    > > replace the two I have deleted.

Error Message Windows XP