USB 2 PCMIA card conflict

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I own a HP Pavillion zt1141s laptop which I bought about 2 years ago.
I recently bought a 20Gb 4th generation ipod. As I needed 6 pin
firewire or USB 2 for it work I decided to buy a Belkin USB 2 PCMIA
card (Model f5u222). However this doesn't seem to work. If I connect
the ipod it claims that it is there but won't let it be accesed. I
tried it with a 250mb zip drive and instead of working like it should
the light on the front pulses and apart from that it does nothing
else, yet if I plug the zip drive into the computers USB 1 ports it
works fine, so it seems that there is a conflict between the card and
my laptop. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same
thing and if they had a fix, or if not does anyone know of a USB 2 or
firewire card that does work.

"Ben" <hornbyben@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I own a HP Pavillion zt1141s laptop which I bought about 2 years ago.
> I recently bought a 20Gb 4th generation ipod. As I needed 6 pin
> firewire or USB 2 for it work I decided to buy a Belkin USB 2 PCMIA
> card (Model f5u222). However this doesn't seem to work. If I
> connect
> the ipod it claims that it is there but won't let it be accesed. I
> tried it with a 250mb zip drive and instead of working like it
> should
> the light on the front pulses and apart from that it does nothing
> else, yet if I plug the zip drive into the computers USB 1 ports it
> works fine, so it seems that there is a conflict between the card
> and
> my laptop. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same
> thing and if they had a fix, or if not does anyone know of a USB 2
> or
> firewire card that does work.

The Belkin should work. I own loads of their products. However the
first thing you should have done was to call belkin
http://www.belkin.com click on the support tab and then the contact us
link and then call them on the toll free number. Please remember they
are located in California USA and from where I live they are three
hours back in time (6 AM here is 3 AM there) so you would have to
adjust from where your calling.

I also use Adaptec Products which costs a little more but function
perfectly in my laptops (I own both an HP ZE4420US & and a Dell)

Elector