Anyone ever add toys to their playfield?

Hey all

With all the cool mods out there, and I have bought quite a few for TZ
and Addams.. I was wondering how many people add their own mods, I
know the debate between original vs mod, but was just wondering what
people have done? I have a TON of these tiny JD figures that I am
placing around the playfield, not sure how I am going to attach them
yet, but will do it in a way that they can be removed. I have Dredd on
his bike, the ABC robot, a bunch of bad guys, and the girl judge, they
are like the size of the LOTR figures, the dredd on the bike is really
cool. Was just wondering if anyone else has done something like this?

Steve

Scott

steve,

I bought those figures and was thinking about the same thing.

I would not use the ABC robot, it was more of a movie character instead
of a comic book character, but you can make a sniper guy and put him by
the sniper tower, etc, etc.

Also if your a good model painter, I would definately touch up those
figures and put a light wash of paint over the clothes and skin, to
bring out the details in their face; the clothes have some bright
colors on them and the wash will tone them down a bit.

I am a little hesitant on this, because I am still very undecided if I
even like the figures on LOTR, kind a bit over the top.

JD does need some extra light modifications that are a must do.
around the back and in the crane.

and get that Proto retro Planet Ring Mod---what Trudeau intended.

the last 2 things I was thinking about doing is maybe switching out the
upper right flipper to a slightly bigger flipper, not 3 inches but I
think safe cracker flippers are 2.25 to 2.5 inches.

and I was thinking about someway to make the mystry front left target
and nuclear power right front shot slightly easier to make. My mystery
target is slightly recessed back making both shots extremely tight and
you have to be exacty dead on to make the shot, its a little too
frustrating.

I dont know, just some thoughts..

Scott
Detroit

I added a few things to my Hokus Pokus. Here are two pics:

http://www.geocities.com/moviereviews4fun/pinball1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/moviereviews4fun/pinball2.jpg

The magic wand over the plunger lane was added, as well as the top hats
with scarves and "mini" wands at the center spinner.

I posted about my Getaway mods/additions a few weeks ago. Here is the
link again to the pics and explanation:

http://www.geocities.com/moviereviews4fun/getaway/hs2additions.html

Mark

Would LOVE to get that mod.. But 180 bucks is a bit tough for me right
now, not saying it is not worth it..

Balboa Rules wrote:
> Hey all
>
> With all the cool mods out there, and I have bought quite a few for TZ
> and Addams.. I was wondering how many people add their own mods, I
> know the debate between original vs mod, but was just wondering what
> people have done? I have a TON of these tiny JD figures that I am
> placing around the playfield, not sure how I am going to attach them
> yet, but will do it in a way that they can be removed. I have Dredd on
> his bike, the ABC robot, a bunch of bad guys, and the girl judge, they
> are like the size of the LOTR figures, the dredd on the bike is really
> cool. Was just wondering if anyone else has done something like this?
>
> Steve

NBA Fastbreaks!

Added the small nba figures you can get at Target in various places on
the playfields. Really gave the game the 3D effect. Actually ended up
doing this to two different pairs of fastbreaks. I then added the larger
characters as toppers. Very neat!

Check out pics here.
http://www.texaspinball.com/2004_TPF/pages/linkedfastbreaks.htm

Mike Russell

No.

--
Fred
TX

"Balboa Rules" <scascella@cox.net> wrote in message news:1122826829.031004.254800@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

scott wrote:

> JD does need some extra light modifications that are a must do.
> around the back and in the crane.

> Scott
> Detroit

What are the light modifications? Has anyone done this?

Mattax

TRENDING THREADS