HP OfficeJet self-test problem

I have an HP OfficeJet all-in-one and the other day, the power light
starting blinking and the display reads "self-test". The PC says the
printer is disconnected. I emailed HP and was given instructions for
unplugging and reconnecting the power several times, then reconnecting
the USB cable, but that didn't work. They also told me to try turning
everything off, restarting the PC, then holding the # and 6 keys down
while plugging in the power cable. This was supposed to reset the
printer, but then it just displayed "self-test, s-full reset" and did
nothing else.

I haven't changed anything on the PC, moved it, smushed the cable, or
anything else and it printed successfully the day before this
happened. Of course, I have checked and double-checked all
connections, but the PC still says the printer is disconnected. HP is
directing me to take the printer for repair.

What could cause the printer, or maybe it's the USB cable?, to
suddenly fail, or is this something else? Thank you for an guidance
you can give me.

KC
cmk1996@aol.com

On 15 Sep 2004 20:42:52 -0700
kmc94@webtv.net (kmc) wrote:

> I have an HP OfficeJet all-in-one and the other day, the power light
> starting blinking and the display reads "self-test".

Is this one of the "d" series (like d125, or d155xi)?
If so, these are known for having flakey mainboards, and
your MFD is probably toast. Getting it repaired (provided
the cost is not prohibitive) is the right solution.

--
Stefaan
--

Stefaan A Eeckels <tengo@DELETEMEecc.lu> wrote in message news:<20040916085713.20808cb3.tengo@DELETEMEecc.lu>...
> On 15 Sep 2004 20:42:52 -0700
> kmc94@webtv.net (kmc) wrote:
>
> > I have an HP OfficeJet all-in-one and the other day, the power light
> > starting blinking and the display reads "self-test".
>
> Is this one of the "d" series (like d125, or d155xi)?
> If so, these are known for having flakey mainboards, and
> your MFD is probably toast. Getting it repaired (provided
> the cost is not prohibitive) is the right solution.
>
> --
> Stefaan

It's a v4.0.

TRENDING THREADS