Sign in with
Your question

Canon MP620 print quality suddenly poor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 26, 2010 12:42:40 PM

I have had a Canon MP620 for quite a while and have been very pleased with it. However, about a week ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly. I finally reinstalled the new drivers for windows 7 (Which I am using) and got it back to where the printer functions correctly except for the fact that the printed material looks faded on all colors and black. I have installed new ink cartridges for all colors and the two black tanks but I still have "washed out" appearing outputed printed material on everything it prints. What else can I do?
November 26, 2010 4:57:46 PM

dino21 said:
I have had a Canon MP620 for quite a while and have been very pleased with it. However, about a week ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly. I finally reinstalled the new drivers for windows 7 (Which I am using) and got it back to where the printer functions correctly except for the fact that the printed material looks faded on all colors and black. I have installed new ink cartridges for all colors and the two black tanks but I still have "washed out" appearing outputed printed material on everything it prints. What else can I do?

It is possible that the printer contacts are worn or dirty. You can try deep cleaning the print head up to 5 times and let the cartridge seat to see if there is any improvement. Change it back to your old one to test if it gives you the same result.
m
l
!