When I click on Start>All Programs I can't see all the programs that are
listed on the far right side of the window.I can see only a very small
portion of the list on the far right and cannot read their names. What can I
do to be able to be able to see all the programs in the All Programs
list??????? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Patrick insider@citlink.net

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"PatrickMc" <PatrickMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on Start>All Programs I can't see all the programs that
> are
> listed on the far right side of the window.I can see only a very small
> portion of the list on the far right and cannot read their names.
> What can I
> do to be able to be able to see all the programs in the All Programs
> list??????? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Patrick insider@citlink.net

You've created a huge flat list of applications under the Programs
folder in your Start menu. The result is that your screen isn't wide
enough to show those hundreds of entries. Learn to categorize and group
similar applications. Create a Communications folder and put your
communications-related applications under there (and create further
subfolders for IE, e-mail, and other groupings). Create an Applications
folder and put your apps in there, creating subfolders for items like MS
Office or other similar apps. Basically you create a hierarchy of
folders in your Start menu so each submenu doesn't have hundreds of
entries but instead just a dozen, or so. You then navigate through your
shorter-named folders. It might sound like a lot more navigation but is
isn't any more work to navigate Start -> Programs -> Communications ->
Outlook Express than to keep searching around in a huge flat list where
you piled in all those entries. The popup menu hierarchy isn't designed
to replace Explorer at presenting in indefinite list of entries whether
flat listed in one menu or grouped into a hierarchy of folders (but the
grouping into a hierarchy can lead to shorter menus). Organize.

For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.