Sign in with
Your question

What brands would you recommend?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 28, 2010 3:46:52 PM

I'd like to hear which brands produce good monitors,and which brands are to be avoided.
For example,Acer and Asus are very good brands but I don't know about their monitors that much.Would you recommend the monitors produced by those brands?

Thanks =)

More about : brands recommend

a b C Monitor
November 29, 2010 7:28:42 PM

The biggest brand for budget TN panels is Samsung, LG, BenQ, Acer, and Asus.

For premium IPS and VA panel you will find Dell and HP on the more budget end.
For fancier models there is NEC, LaCie, Hazro, and Eizo.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
November 29, 2010 10:27:28 PM

I agree. I've used/still have Dells, Samsungs, and Acers. All have been reliable and have had no issues since I've had them (I've given some to family members for temp. use when I've upgraded). Out of the three though, the Dells have maintained their image quality the longest, at least from what I can tell. Check out the Dell outlet center if you are on a bit of a budget.
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 195 C Monitor
November 30, 2010 12:01:47 AM

I generally avoid Acer, AOC, Doublesight, Hanns-G

For budget I recommend Asus, BenQ, Samsung, LG, Viewsonic

For good IPS and VA monitors I recommend Dell, HP

For premium / professional IPS and VA monitors I recommend NEC, LaCie, and Eizo. Hazro is good too, but not sold in the US to the best of my knowledge.

I would have recommend Planar in the past, but unfortunately they are no longer producing monitors with IPS panels. All their monitors now use crappy TN panels. Looks like I will never buy another Planar monitor again.
a b C Monitor
November 30, 2010 12:30:02 AM

In general, I've had excellent luck with dell for everything from midrange to high end. I haven't tried their low end much, but I have owned a number of Dell's ultrasharp panels including (but not limited to) their excellent 2408WFP and U3011 (my current monitor-of-choice). I've heard good things about HP as well, though I've never owned any of their monitors.
December 1, 2010 3:51:32 AM

jaguarskx said:
I generally avoid Acer, AOC, Doublesight, Hanns-G

Oh! Why is it that you don't like Acer?
!