Advice On Newer HD Models for Armada 1750 ?

Hello again, all. I am seeking advice and information on what type of
9mm or 12mm HDs I can install into my Compaq Armada 1750. The only
thing I'm sure of at this point is that IBM Travelstars, the ATA/IDE
kind will work.

What I would like to know is do any of the newer models of laptop HDs
work in it? I see things like ATA-4 ATA-3 and so on, and I get a
bit dumbfounded.

I would like to get something like a 20giger, and would appreciate any
suggestions or comments. Thanks for your time!!!

Chaser

hh

Although your Armada likely does not have ATA3 or 4 capability, most all
drives are backwards compatible with ATA 2, which your armada likely does
support.
HH