Intel core i5 2 26ghz vs core 2 duo 2 26 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumila

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Hello,
my laptop spec are intel core i5 with 2.26ghz and 2gb ram and windows 7. the graphic card is ati radeon HD 5470. It seem that i can,t play a high resolution games like the sims 3. Isn't it i5 suppose to be a faster processor. Help me..

Yes, the i5 is a superior chip. It has the same number of physical cores, but it also has hyper threading, which means it has 2 additional virtual cores. What sort of graphics chip did you have in the laptop with the c2d? Were you able to crank the settings and such all the way up with it?

CheddarTrek

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I'm pretty sure that the graphics chip plays at least as important a role in gaming as the processor does, so upgrading your processor while downgrading your graphics chip probably isn't going to help you play things at the best settings.

But then I'm a n00b.

I hope you get it worked out!

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hm.. what errors are you getting with the game? I've been able to run Sims 3 on a Pentium-M 1.73 GHz with only 1 GB of RAM and an ATI MR X300. Of course, I couldn't play anything past the first few patches and it had some memory leak somewhere that crashed my game after exactly 90 minutes of play every time.. but it worked.

You might want to check your ATI drivers, or maybe try getting them elsewhere. I'm running Omega drivers right now.

Kumila

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
the games installed successfully. But, it will stop during loading the sunset valley. There is also something wrong with the graphic. There is only a small picture of the valley (i think) and the rest of my screen is blank. I've asking every way about my laptop and its spec, but the answer is the same. My laptop meet all the requirements and i suppose can play the game with it. is it the i5 with 2.26GHz is fast or what? Is it something wrong with my graphic card (ATI mr HD5470) and windows 7? Is it 2gb ram is sufficient enough?

I tried to install the games in my other laptop which is intel dual core 1.73GHz and 1gb ram and it also face the exactly same problem with my current laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.