SP2 on New dell Systems

Has anyone gotten a new Dell delivered recently? if yes, does it have
Windows XP SP2 preinatlled yet?

Does anyone know when Dell will begin preinstallling SP2 if it hasn't
done so yet? The Dell site doesn't seem to have any information.

I doubt if you'll see it until November, but there has been no public
announcement.

Tom
"Jerome M. Katz" <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten a new Dell delivered recently? if yes, does it have
> Windows XP SP2 preinatlled yet?
>
> Does anyone know when Dell will begin preinstallling SP2 if it hasn't
> done so yet? The Dell site doesn't seem to have any information.

I just received an Inspiron 8600 this past week. It came with WinXP SP1
installed. I 'upgraded' it to SP2.

--
Thanks,
Tony

"Jerome M. Katz" <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten a new Dell delivered recently? if yes, does it have
> Windows XP SP2 preinatlled yet?
>
> Does anyone know when Dell will begin preinstallling SP2 if it hasn't
> done so yet? The Dell site doesn't seem to have any information.

Just did a D8400. Came with sp1. Upgraded to SP2 with no problems.

--

Rob

A friend of mine just (Sept. 10, 2004) received a Dimension 4600 and no
SP2 on it.

HTH. =)

"peepod" <chunker.nospammo.at.geocities.com> wrote in message
> A friend of mine just (Sept. 10, 2004) received a Dimension 4600 and no
> SP2 on it.

Don't expect it for awhile.

Let us know if you experience any BSODs.

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Jerome M. Katz" <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone gotten a new Dell delivered recently? if yes, does it have
>> Windows XP SP2 preinatlled yet?
>>
>> Does anyone know when Dell will begin preinstallling SP2 if it hasn't
>> done so yet? The Dell site doesn't seem to have any information.
>
> Just did a D8400. Came with sp1. Upgraded to SP2 with no problems.
>
> --
>
> Rob

Haven't heard a word of BSoDs since the PC as delivered to the customer.
And trust me my sister will call in the middle of the night if her PC
crashes. ;-)

--

Rob

> Let us know if you experience any BSODs.
>
> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Jerome M. Katz" <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone gotten a new Dell delivered recently? if yes, does it have
>>> Windows XP SP2 preinatlled yet?
>>>
>>> Does anyone know when Dell will begin preinstallling SP2 if it hasn't
>>> done so yet? The Dell site doesn't seem to have any information.
>>
>> Just did a D8400. Came with sp1. Upgraded to SP2 with no problems.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rob

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I received my Dell Dimension 3000 today (9/14/04). It had SP1

"Phil" <philmikk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I received my Dell Dimension 3000 today (9/14/04). It had SP1

Yup, now get SP2 on it.