Browsing between two XP computers !

Dears ........

When I browse from my PC to other PC example
....(\\192.168.1.1 ), I got
this error message .....

" \\192.168.1.1 is not accessible . You might not have permission
to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server
to find out if you have access permission .
Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon
type at this computer . "

These two computers are Win XP pro . I can ping that IP .
File and Printer sharing and clients for microsoft network are also
installed at both PCs . What can I do ? Help me pls .....

Regards ,
Rock .

Paul

Splendid

Hi,

If you are using a firewall between the two then it might cause problems.
Like on my network all i had to do was remove the firewall and it worked fine.

"Rockfire" wrote:

> Dears ........
>
> When I browse from my PC to other PC example
> ....(\\192.168.1.1 ), I got
> this error message .....
>
> " \\192.168.1.1 is not accessible . You might not have permission
> to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server
> to find out if you have access permission .
> Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon
> type at this computer . "
>
> These two computers are Win XP pro . I can ping that IP .
> File and Printer sharing and clients for microsoft network are also
> installed at both PCs . What can I do ? Help me pls .....
>
> Regards ,
> Rock .

Hi Paul ...

But , I had removed the firewall on both . But , its can't
fix yet . Thanks for reply me . Anything else ?

Rock .

Hi Niall ..........

I 've got it now . Thanks for your advice .

Rock .

You have a security issue with the shares.

Machine 1 cannot read machine 2's files because of the security issue. Try
and map the drive using the Map Drive option. Connect to \\ipaddress\c$ and
connect using a different username. Connect as the administrator of the
machine you want to connect to eg machine 1 to machine2 would be
machine2_name\administrator and the password

That should allow you to connect to the files. After that if you still cant
see the files, the share level permissions are denying you access.

HTH

Niall