Sending "Right Alt + Shift" From a batch file

Hello

I want to call an aplication from a batch file and because i want to be
able to see and type Greek fonts in the aplication the only way to work
this is to call the application from DOS shell and before hit the enter
, press right alt (Alt GR) + Shift, for example:
c:\aplication (pressing "'Alt GR'+ 'Shift'" ) then pressing enter
This way i can see and type Greek fonts in this application ( running
under XP)

Now my problem is that i want to put all this procedure in a batch file
, How can i do this? How can i send control keys from the batch file
and how can i send 'Alt GR' + 'Shift' from a batch file

Thanks a lot
Savvas
7 answers Last reply
More about sending right shift batch file

    There isn't a way to do this using standard dos commands.
    You could however write a small Visual Basic app and use the SendKeys
    method to do this.

    I've downloaded this but how can i use it ???
    Can you help me ?

    savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I want to call an aplication from a batch file and because i want to be
    > able to see and type Greek fonts in the aplication the only way to work
    > this is to call the application from DOS shell and before hit the enter
    > , press right alt (Alt GR) + Shift, for example:
    > c:\aplication (pressing "'Alt GR'+ 'Shift'" ) then pressing enter
    > This way i can see and type Greek fonts in this application ( running
    > under XP)
    >
    > Now my problem is that i want to put all this procedure in a batch file
    > , How can i do this? How can i send control keys from the batch file
    > and how can i send 'Alt GR' + 'Shift' from a batch file
    Hi,

    For a solution that should work pretty well, you could use the free
    AutoIt product, it has a pretty decent handling of sendkeys, windows
    and dialog boxes.

    AutoIt
    http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/index.php

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

    > I've downloaded this but how can i use it ???
    > Can you help me ?

    Hi,

    Please see the sections "Using AutoIt" and "Tutorials" in the help
    file.

    For further help, please post to the AutoIt3 forum "v3 Support":
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/resources.php#Forum

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Hi again
    Thanks for the additional Help but still i have a problem,

    I wrote this .au3 file

    Send("#r")
    WinWaitActive("Run")
    Send("cmd{Enter}")
    Send("{Enter}") Remark: i send enters to give time to the cmn to
    Load
    Send("{Enter}")
    Send("cd\{Enter}")
    Send("CallMyApp")

    Remarks: This is for calling my aplication and here after this i want
    to sent 'right alt' + 'right shift' and then send 'enter' in Order to
    be able to see and type greek fonts in my aplication (thats how it
    works if i do this manually - if i press right alt + right Shift before
    hiting enter ) so i continue .....

    Send("{RALT down}")
    Send("{RSHIFT}")
    Send("{RALT Up}")
    Send("{Enter}")

    I run this but it doesnt work :(
    My aplications loads but i am not able to see or type Greek fonts.
    So that means that the RALT + RShift are not send properly .Am I making
    a mistake somewhere??? Please help me if you can

    Thanks
    Savvas

    Hi again

    ok i solve the problem

    instead of sending

    Send("{RALT down}")
    Send("{RSHIFT}")
    Send("{RALT Up}")
    Send("{Enter}")

    I send

    Send("{RALT down}")
    Send("{RSHIFT down}")
    Send("{RSHIFT up}")
    Send("{RALT up}")

    Send("{Enter}")

    but i have some racing-timing problems whitch i solve with a small
    vb.net
    application that has timers and call the .exe files when needed with a
    delay of half a sec .. and this works just fine

    Thanks a lot
    Savvas

    savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

    > Hi again
    >
    > ok i solve the problem

    (snip AutoIt code)

    > but i have some racing-timing problems whitch i solve with a
    > small vb.net
    > application that has timers and call the .exe files when needed
    > with a delay of half a sec .. and this works just fine
    Hi,

    Note that AotoIt have a builtin Sleep function that pauses script
    execution.

    To pause half a sec (parameter input is in milliseconds):

    Sleep(500)

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Microsoft Windows XP