Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sending "Right Alt + Shift" From a batch file

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:47:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello

I want to call an aplication from a batch file and because i want to be
able to see and type Greek fonts in the aplication the only way to work
this is to call the application from DOS shell and before hit the enter
, press right alt (Alt GR) + Shift, for example:
c:\aplication (pressing "'Alt GR'+ 'Shift'" ) then pressing enter
This way i can see and type Greek fonts in this application ( running
under XP)

Now my problem is that i want to put all this procedure in a batch file
, How can i do this? How can i send control keys from the batch file
and how can i send 'Alt GR' + 'Shift' from a batch file

Thanks a lot
Savvas
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:32:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

There isn't a way to do this using standard dos commands.
You could however write a small Visual Basic app and use the SendKeys
method to do this.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:43:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I've downloaded this but how can i use it ???
Can you help me ?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:54:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to call an aplication from a batch file and because i want to be
> able to see and type Greek fonts in the aplication the only way to work
> this is to call the application from DOS shell and before hit the enter
> , press right alt (Alt GR) + Shift, for example:
> c:\aplication (pressing "'Alt GR'+ 'Shift'" ) then pressing enter
> This way i can see and type Greek fonts in this application ( running
> under XP)
>
> Now my problem is that i want to put all this procedure in a batch file
> , How can i do this? How can i send control keys from the batch file
> and how can i send 'Alt GR' + 'Shift' from a batch file
Hi,

For a solution that should work pretty well, you could use the free
AutoIt product, it has a pretty decent handling of sendkeys, windows
and dialog boxes.

AutoIt
http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/index.php


--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:09:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

> I've downloaded this but how can i use it ???
> Can you help me ?
>
Hi,

Please see the sections "Using AutoIt" and "Tutorials" in the help
file.

For further help, please post to the AutoIt3 forum "v3 Support":
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/resources.php#Forum



--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:45:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi again
Thanks for the additional Help but still i have a problem,

I wrote this .au3 file

Send("#r")
WinWaitActive("Run")
Send("cmd{Enter}")
Send("{Enter}") Remark: i send enters to give time to the cmn to
Load
Send("{Enter}")
Send("cd\{Enter}")
Send("CallMyApp")

Remarks: This is for calling my aplication and here after this i want
to sent 'right alt' + 'right shift' and then send 'enter' in Order to
be able to see and type greek fonts in my aplication (thats how it
works if i do this manually - if i press right alt + right Shift before
hiting enter ) so i continue .....

Send("{RALT down}")
Send("{RSHIFT}")
Send("{RALT Up}")
Send("{Enter}")

I run this but it doesnt work :( 
My aplications loads but i am not able to see or type Greek fonts.
So that means that the RALT + RShift are not send properly .Am I making
a mistake somewhere??? Please help me if you can

Thanks
Savvas
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:19:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi again

ok i solve the problem

instead of sending

Send("{RALT down}")
Send("{RSHIFT}")
Send("{RALT Up}")
Send("{Enter}")

I send

Send("{RALT down}")
Send("{RSHIFT down}")
Send("{RSHIFT up}")
Send("{RALT up}")

Send("{Enter}")

but i have some racing-timing problems whitch i solve with a small
vb.net
application that has timers and call the .exe files when needed with a
delay of half a sec .. and this works just fine

Thanks a lot
Savvas
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:44:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

savvaschr@nodalsoft.com.cy wrote:

> Hi again
>
> ok i solve the problem
>
(snip AutoIt code)
>
> but i have some racing-timing problems whitch i solve with a
> small vb.net
> application that has timers and call the .exe files when needed
> with a delay of half a sec .. and this works just fine
Hi,

Note that AotoIt have a builtin Sleep function that pauses script
execution.

To pause half a sec (parameter input is in milliseconds):

Sleep(500)



--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
!