Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Gaming
  • Dell
  • Samsung
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 29, 2010 6:57:53 PM

Samsung BX2331 vs. Dell U2311H....I planning to get a new monitor for Christmas which will be mainly used for gaming...Iv come to chose between these two so which one do you recommend in terms of gaming..Im also open to new suggestions..my card is HD 4870 1gb if that helps..thanks.

More about : samsung bx2331 dell u2311h

a b Ô Samsung
November 29, 2010 10:29:05 PM

What are you looking to spend? Perhaps we can find something else out there that will work or confirm one of the two that you have already. Also, what are the specs of the above-mentioned monitors?
a b 4 Gaming
November 30, 2010 7:12:48 AM

Personally, I'd get the U2311 every time. It's an excellent screen, and uses an IPS panel, which is MUCH higher quality than the TN used by the Samsung. It'll give better viewing angles, better color, and in general a higher image quality.
Related resources
November 30, 2010 5:29:27 PM

cjl said:
Personally, I'd get the U2311 every time. It's an excellent screen, and uses an IPS panel, which is MUCH higher quality than the TN used by the Samsung. It'll give better viewing angles, better color, and in general a higher image quality.

Yea buy U2311H doesnt have HDMI
a b 4 Gaming
November 30, 2010 5:59:00 PM

Why does that matter? Both DVI and DisplayPort are better for connecting it with a computer. In my opinion, the panel quality is a much bigger issue.
November 30, 2010 8:39:18 PM

cjl said:
Why does that matter? Both DVI and DisplayPort are better for connecting it with a computer. In my opinion, the panel quality is a much bigger issue.

Yup your right nvm....I was watching a review of the Dell monitor recently and the guy said If you looking for a gaming monitor( which I am ) you should look into TN monitoes..this made me question weather i should really buy the U2311H.
!