Cirqus Voltaire ISSUE

Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
locking the balls?

neo

I have no idea where to even start for something like that :/

I don't have the freeze or the neon multiball problems. I did have
some switch issues with the juggler and the one in the back. but that
was a physical problem. Seems the game was designed with the switches
over to the left to far and the ball was not pushing the switch down
far enough to trigger it. Had to do some bending but all is well now.
Only glitch I can see is this highwire multiball issue :/ which isn't
a big deal. just makes the game a little too easy.

Switch problem fixed. I realized that the volts were registering where
they ramp through switch was. I thought volts were up there too, so
didn't pay attention to it. but after running switch tests, i noticed
they were flip flopped. Colors are similar and someone must have
reconnected them in the wrong spot :/ switched the connectors and all
is well. now I have an issue with the balls getting hung up on the
wire ramp :p

i'm running home rom and i've never noticed mine do that. only way to get a
lock is ti physically lock it up there.
you either have a switch matrix issue, or a shorting/gounding problem.
Dan

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
> that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
> Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
> multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
> the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
> and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
> again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
> Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
> That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
> locking the balls?
>
> neo

that white washer only ends up lifting the entrance to the ramp to high
for the ball to enter. Replacing sticky switches did the trick better.
I took out the bushing and all is fine now. New switches made a world
of difference. All is working 100% now. :)

cool.
that would do it, too. glad you got it fixed.

as far as the ball lock problem and getting hungup, make sure you have the
"update kit" installed in the machine. i think if the manufacture date is
after Nov. 15th it's already installed. look at the place the ramp is
screwed down and see if there's a white bushing. it increases the angle of
the ramp so gravity helps the balls roll off.
that and tweaking of the switches will fix it completely.

> Switch problem fixed. I realized that the volts were registering where
> they ramp through switch was. I thought volts were up there too, so
> didn't pay attention to it. but after running switch tests, i noticed
> they were flip flopped. Colors are similar and someone must have
> reconnected them in the wrong spot :/ switched the connectors and all
> is well. now I have an issue with the balls getting hung up on the
> wire ramp :p

Hey Jedi,

I'm dealing with the same issues as you are right now and i'm also running
the Home roms version 2.0H. I 've got the original rom coming in the mail
hopefully tomorrow and will hopefully take care of the problems. When i
bought the game it had the original roms in it and was working fine for the
previous owner. We put the Home roms in it before i left and once i got it
home two hours later, its never been the same game since. Your describing
the exact same problems i'm having.

Also my neon quit working after it was changed.....could be related , could
not.

Does your game when your playing along, just freeze up at any particular
moment and just lets your ball drain? All the lights are still on , both GI
and Switched lighting and the dot matrix is just locked up, flippers go
dead.....ball drains while the game is rebooting. Very frustrating for
sure.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
> that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
> Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
> multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
> the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
> and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
> again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
> Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
> That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
> locking the balls?
>
> neo

Check to make sure the Switches in the high wire are not bent out of shape.
My balls were getting hung up there too......No pun intended. ;)