Cirqus Voltaire ISSUE

Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
locking the balls?

neo
8 answers Last reply
More about cirqus voltaire issue

    I have no idea where to even start for something like that :/

    I don't have the freeze or the neon multiball problems. I did have
    some switch issues with the juggler and the one in the back. but that
    was a physical problem. Seems the game was designed with the switches
    over to the left to far and the ball was not pushing the switch down
    far enough to trigger it. Had to do some bending but all is well now.
    Only glitch I can see is this highwire multiball issue :/ which isn't
    a big deal. just makes the game a little too easy.

    Switch problem fixed. I realized that the volts were registering where
    they ramp through switch was. I thought volts were up there too, so
    didn't pay attention to it. but after running switch tests, i noticed
    they were flip flopped. Colors are similar and someone must have
    reconnected them in the wrong spot :/ switched the connectors and all
    is well. now I have an issue with the balls getting hung up on the
    wire ramp :p

    i'm running home rom and i've never noticed mine do that. only way to get a
    lock is ti physically lock it up there.
    you either have a switch matrix issue, or a shorting/gounding problem.
    Dan

    "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
    > that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
    > Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
    > multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
    > the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
    > and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
    > again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
    > Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
    > That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
    > locking the balls?
    >
    > neo

    that white washer only ends up lifting the entrance to the ramp to high
    for the ball to enter. Replacing sticky switches did the trick better.
    I took out the bushing and all is fine now. New switches made a world
    of difference. All is working 100% now. :)

    cool.
    that would do it, too. glad you got it fixed.

    as far as the ball lock problem and getting hungup, make sure you have the
    "update kit" installed in the machine. i think if the manufacture date is
    after Nov. 15th it's already installed. look at the place the ramp is
    screwed down and see if there's a white bushing. it increases the angle of
    the ramp so gravity helps the balls roll off.
    that and tweaking of the switches will fix it completely.

    > Switch problem fixed. I realized that the volts were registering where
    > they ramp through switch was. I thought volts were up there too, so
    > didn't pay attention to it. but after running switch tests, i noticed
    > they were flip flopped. Colors are similar and someone must have
    > reconnected them in the wrong spot :/ switched the connectors and all
    > is well. now I have an issue with the balls getting hung up on the
    > wire ramp :p

    Hey Jedi,

    I'm dealing with the same issues as you are right now and i'm also running
    the Home roms version 2.0H. I 've got the original rom coming in the mail
    hopefully tomorrow and will hopefully take care of the problems. When i
    bought the game it had the original roms in it and was working fine for the
    previous owner. We put the Home roms in it before i left and once i got it
    home two hours later, its never been the same game since. Your describing
    the exact same problems i'm having.

    Also my neon quit working after it was changed.....could be related , could
    not.

    Does your game when your playing along, just freeze up at any particular
    moment and just lets your ball drain? All the lights are still on , both GI
    and Switched lighting and the dot matrix is just locked up, flippers go
    dead.....ball drains while the game is rebooting. Very frustrating for
    sure.

    --
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

    Still looking for:
    E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i've narrowed down the problem. It maybe a setting, but i'm not
    > that familiar with the game yet, so I don'tknow where it would be.
    > Here is the issue. When I hit the "lite Lock" targets for highwire
    > multiball. If the ball rolls over the upper right "volt" button (near
    > the ringmaster). it locks the ball. If i relite the lite lock targets
    > and roll over the volt again. It will lock ball 2 and if I do it
    > again, it will start highwire multiball. Is there something in the
    > Home Roms that has an easier highwire multiball setting or something.
    > That lets you spot locks and start with the volt button instead of
    > locking the balls?
    >
    > neo

    Check to make sure the Switches in the high wire are not bent out of shape.
    My balls were getting hung up there too......No pun intended. ;)

    --
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    (269) 979-3836

    Still looking for:
    E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Switch problem fixed. I realized that the volts were registering where
    > they ramp through switch was. I thought volts were up there too, so
    > didn't pay attention to it. but after running switch tests, i noticed
    > they were flip flopped. Colors are similar and someone must have
    > reconnected them in the wrong spot :/ switched the connectors and all
    > is well. now I have an issue with the balls getting hung up on the
    > wire ramp :p

Games Video Games