Does "Disable Last Access Update" affect DATE MODIFIED?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I came across this registry tweak to get a bit more speed out of my
system:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate = 1

However, if it disables the update of the last access date then will
the entries in WinExplorer's DATE MODIFIED column be adversely
affected?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

This link may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/46656.asp

--
Regards,