I had Windows2000 earlier. My D:\ was NTFS and i ahd given rights to access
it, to only one user.

Now i have installed Windows XP Prof, removing Windows2000. I can only read
the D:\ data, but acnt move/delete/create new data on it.

What do i do?

Hi,

Please see this link on "taking ownership" of a folder:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Siddarth" <Siddarth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had Windows2000 earlier. My D:\ was NTFS and i ahd given rights to access
> it, to only one user.
>
> Now i have installed Windows XP Prof, removing Windows2000. I can only
> read
> the D:\ data, but acnt move/delete/create new data on it.
>
> What do i do?

You need to reset the permissions on the drive

Right click on the drive and click security. Change the permissions and
click advanced and replace the permissions on all objects check box.
Depending on the size of the drive and number of files, thos could take a
while