Glass frags in cab / Project Pinbot

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a really good *easy* way to get old glass pieces out of the
back bottom of a cabinet? Or should I just wear gloves and start
pickin' 'em up? This is the first time I've run across such a thing.
But I fear it is not the last.

This Pinbot is more of a project than I thought. But, it should turn
out pretty nice. Complete and plays. Very dirty, needs a lot of bulbs,
all new rubbers etc.

OldSchool

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks guys. I thought that the glass might tear the vaccum up...But I
guess not.

This glass is all in the far back of the cab. Along with about $2.00
worth of screws and whatever. So I gotta sift through for the good
stuff before I vac. I assume the original glass shattered years ago and
they cleaned it up the best they (felt like) could.

OldSchool

I'd wear safety glasses to be safe, and then vacuum them out. LTG :)

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is there a really good *easy* way to get old glass pieces out of the
> back bottom of a cabinet? Or should I just wear gloves and start
> pickin' 'em up? This is the first time I've run across such a thing.
> But I fear it is not the last.
>
> This Pinbot is more of a project than I thought. But, it should turn
> out pretty nice. Complete and plays. Very dirty, needs a lot of bulbs,
> all new rubbers etc.
>
> OldSchool

To *really* get them all out is a challenge at times, it's not too difficult
to vacuum out all the visible bits and pieces, but they seem to get in every
nook and cranny.

I'd recommend labeling the connectors and pulling the PF, then tipping the
cab up on end and using something to get underneath/behind everything, and
shake the harness out well. Vaccum that all up and then reassemble. You'll
have pretty decent luck that way. Without doing that, you'll keep finding
glass nuggets occasionally.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is there a really good *easy* way to get old glass pieces out of the
> back bottom of a cabinet? Or should I just wear gloves and start
> pickin' 'em up? This is the first time I've run across such a thing.
> But I fear it is not the last.
>
> This Pinbot is more of a project than I thought. But, it should turn
> out pretty nice. Complete and plays. Very dirty, needs a lot of bulbs,
> all new rubbers etc.
>
> OldSchool

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Shop vac?

Otto

CARGPB11

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is there a really good *easy* way to get old glass pieces out of the
> back bottom of a cabinet? Or should I just wear gloves and start
> pickin' 'em up?

Sounds like a good use for a magnet.
KS