Cookies?

I recently had major virus problems that have been sorted professionally and
I now have up to date anti-virus, adware and firewall software.

Since my computer was 'cleaned' it no longer retains info after applications
are closed. This particularly relates to web pages where settings for
individual sites are not saved after closure. I thought this was the job of
'cookies'. I have my settings to allow cookies to be installed.

I am sure that there must be some basic settings changes that have to be
made but I don't know what. Alternatively is it safer not to have such
settings saved?

--
Still getting away with it
2 answers Last reply

    Without knowing what the "professional" did to "sort" your
    computer problem and what exactly what software [and the
    settings therein] it is impossible to tell you. But a
    professional would have explained to you what they did and
    how to use it.
    or your money back.

    some support

    "gothe4dog" <gothe4dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    |I recently had major virus problems that have been sorted
    professionally and
    | I now have up to date anti-virus, adware and firewall
    software.

    | Since my computer was 'cleaned' it no longer retains info
    after applications
    | are closed. This particularly relates to web pages where
    settings for
    | individual sites are not saved after closure. I thought
    this was the job of
    | 'cookies'. I have my settings to allow cookies to be
    installed.

    | I am sure that there must be some basic settings changes
    that have to be
    | made but I don't know what. Alternatively is it safer not
    to have such
    | settings saved?
    |

    | --
    | Still getting away with it

    Some but not all are saved in cookies. For the others, follow these steps.

    enable Autocomplete
    -go to Control Panel > Internet Options > 'Content' tab,
    -click 'Autocomplete' > check all 4 boxes, click OK & OK

    Drew

    "gothe4dog" <gothe4dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had major virus problems that have been sorted professionally
    >and
    > I now have up to date anti-virus, adware and firewall software.
    >
    > Since my computer was 'cleaned' it no longer retains info after
    > applications
    > are closed. This particularly relates to web pages where settings for
    > individual sites are not saved after closure. I thought this was the job
    > of
    > 'cookies'. I have my settings to allow cookies to be installed.
    >
    > I am sure that there must be some basic settings changes that have to be
    > made but I don't know what. Alternatively is it safer not to have such
    > settings saved?
    >

    > --
    > Still getting away with it

Cookie Windows XP