why we use illegal versions of xp

September 5, 2005 7:43:01 AM

Hi all

well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i am
paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of microsoft i
saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called microsoft
office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help you)
so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any market
and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the answer
was yessssssssssssssssss.

so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people use
unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang we
want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay

More about : illegal versions

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 10:07:23 AM

And if you buy a Russian computer from a Russian company
that used a Russian version of Microsoft Windows you think
it is Microsoft's problem and not yours or the Russian
company that sold you the computer.

If you got the clap from a Russian working girl/guy would
you expect that the condom company pay for your medical
treatment IF you chose to not actually use the condom?

some support

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi all
|
| well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was
98SE since that
| date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i
don't get what i am
| paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical
versions of microsoft i
| saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new
notebook which
| comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and
ask to get it in
| English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i
called microsoft
| office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we
can not help you)
| so i told the lady who answered me this means that i
should go to any market
| and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry
to say the answer
| was yessssssssssssssssss.
|
| so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about
how many people use
| unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get
it in any lang we
| want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:43:02 AM

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> am
> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
> microsoft i
> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called
> microsoft
> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help
> you)
> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
> market
> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
> answer
> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>
> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people
> use
> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang
> we
> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay

If you bought a book published in one language would you have the right to
ask the publisher for free translation to another language? I'm not a fan of
the way Microsoft licenses their products but I think you are asking for too
much. A buyer has some responsibility to make sure what they are buying in
suitable for what they want to do. At best whoever sold you the notebook may
allow you to return it.

Kerry
September 5, 2005 2:24:27 PM

The reason you use illegal versions is because it is cheaper to do so. In
fact I doubt you'd even bother to pay $3 if you can get it for free.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> am
> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
> microsoft i
> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called
> microsoft
> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help
> you)
> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
> market
> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
> answer
> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>
> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people
> use
> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang
> we
> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:07:17 PM

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> am
> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
> microsoft i
> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called
> microsoft
> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help
> you)
> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
> market
> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
> answer
> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>
> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people
> use
> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang
> we
> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay

If the laptop came preinstalled with the Russian version of Windows XP it is
what is called an OEM version. You need to speak to the laptop
builder/manufacturer (Original Equipment Manufacturer - OEM) to get them to
swap out your Russian XP for an English one. They may charge you for this
or may refuse to do it. If they refuse then you will have to purchase a new
copy of Windows XP in English for your machine.
This is an issue between you and the OEM.
You do have the right to buy the OS in any language you wish and there are
many places on the Internet that will sell you these - however if you get
Windwos pre installed then you must make the right purchasing decision when
you buy the device from the OEM.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> am
> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
> microsoft i
> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called
> microsoft
> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help
> you)
> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
> market
> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
> answer
> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>
> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people
> use
> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang
> we
> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:07:18 PM

Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
> "ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE
>> since that date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i
>> don't get what i am
>> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
>> microsoft i
>> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook
>> which comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to
>> get it in English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i
>> called microsoft
>> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not
>> help you)
>> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
>> market
>> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
>> answer
>> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>>
>> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many
>> people use
>> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any
>> lang we
>> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
>
> If the laptop came preinstalled with the Russian version of Windows
> XP it is what is called an OEM version. You need to speak to the
> laptop builder/manufacturer (Original Equipment Manufacturer - OEM)
> to get them to swap out your Russian XP for an English one. They may
> charge you for this or may refuse to do it. If they refuse then you
> will have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP in English for your
> machine. This is an issue between you and the OEM.
> You do have the right to buy the OS in any language you wish and
> there are many places on the Internet that will sell you these -
> however if you get Windwos pre installed then you must make the right
> purchasing decision when you buy the device from the OEM.

Dealing with all the ways your company screws with consumers, buying a
$3 copy of software is worth it.

Ya'll piss off people with all your acane and arbitrary rules. That's a
real good way to push consumers away from your products.

--
Peace!
Kurt

"ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> am
> paying for,

Why do you think you're not getting what you're paying for?

If you don't like Microsoft's products why not use a different OS - Linux
for example - or other different ones if it's Office or other Microsoft
programs? You don't have to use Microsoft you know. But it sounds like you
are just having a whinge.

Rob Graham
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:51:08 PM

Thanks you all for your great answers, well mostly i understood one thing is
that i got to get a new version of wxinxp, only this well make things work
out.
thanks

"Rob graham" wrote:

> "ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> > date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i
> > am
> > paying for,
>
> Why do you think you're not getting what you're paying for?
>
> If you don't like Microsoft's products why not use a different OS - Linux
> for example - or other different ones if it's Office or other Microsoft
> programs? You don't have to use Microsoft you know. But it sounds like you
> are just having a whinge.
>
> Rob Graham

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 5:31:15 PM

In article <22E268B5-DE71-4C9A-8054-452832DF6CE4@microsoft.com>, ike223
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi all
>
> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i am
> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of microsoft i
> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called microsoft
> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help you)
> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any market
> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the answer
> was yessssssssssssssssss.

You bought a New Notebook computer that had Windows "OEM" software
installed - OEM software is supported by the company you purchased it
from, not Microsoft. If you want Microsoft support you have to purchase
a "RETAIL" version of Microsoft products - OEM products are supported by
the vendors that sell you the products.

> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people use
> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang we
> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay

You have never had a "Right to steal", stealing is a choice that you
make based on some means to rationalize your choice to commit theft.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:31:15 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:

>In article <22E268B5-DE71-4C9A-8054-452832DF6CE4@microsoft.com>, ike223
>@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> Hi all
>>
>> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
>> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i am
>> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of microsoft i
>> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
>> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
>> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called microsoft
>> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help you)
>> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any market
>> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the answer
>> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>
>You bought a New Notebook computer that had Windows "OEM" software
>installed - OEM software is supported by the company you purchased it
>from, not Microsoft. If you want Microsoft support you have to purchase
>a "RETAIL" version of Microsoft products - OEM products are supported by
>the vendors that sell you the products.
>
>> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people use
>> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang we
>> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
>
>You have never had a "Right to steal", stealing is a choice that you
>make based on some means to rationalize your choice to commit theft.

But of course, where the infrastructure is basically lawless and
ruthless, what is a thief? Somehow, I think that Russian citizens
just don't make judgements such as "yours, mine, theirs", since they
have never been taught to possess things legally. For 75 years, they
have been programmed to use the blackmarket, since the other markets
are controlled by their Government, which claimed to own EVERYTHING
and EVERYONE. Russia is currently much like our American Wild West
was during the 19th century, ruled by the gun and fear, rather than
law.

Don't be so hard in your judgement of Russian Citizens. Instead, find
fault with the "strong men" in control of their economy.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.
September 5, 2005 8:42:37 PM

The "Old West" in America was ruled by law. Hollywood
movies gave the impression that there was a gunfight every
night and that murder was normal. The fact is that law was
supported in Dodge City and elsewhere. It is true that
citizens had and used guns to enforce law and secure their
safety when sworn law enforcement officers were not present,
just like New Orleans today.

some support

<void@nowhere.lan> wrote:

> [...]
| just don't make judgements such as "yours, mine, theirs",
since they
| have never been taught to possess things legally. For 75
years, they
| have been programmed to use the blackmarket, since the
other markets
| are controlled by their Government, which claimed to own
EVERYTHING
| and EVERYONE. Russia is currently much like our American
Wild West
| was during the 19th century, ruled by the gun and fear,
rather than
| law.
|
| Don't be so hard in your judgement of Russian Citizens.
Instead, find
| fault with the "strong men" in control of their economy.
|
| Donald L McDaniel
| Please reply to the original thread.
| If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 10:00:36 PM

In article <bo0ph1hb3oiv2bbu1o13a1vlbq0bc4ddch@4ax.com>,
invalid@invalid.com says...
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:31:15 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:
>
> >In article <22E268B5-DE71-4C9A-8054-452832DF6CE4@microsoft.com>, ike223
> >@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE since that
> >> date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i don't get what i am
> >> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of microsoft i
> >> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook which
> >> comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to get it in
> >> English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i called microsoft
> >> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not help you)
> >> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any market
> >> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the answer
> >> was yessssssssssssssssss.
> >
> >You bought a New Notebook computer that had Windows "OEM" software
> >installed - OEM software is supported by the company you purchased it
> >from, not Microsoft. If you want Microsoft support you have to purchase
> >a "RETAIL" version of Microsoft products - OEM products are supported by
> >the vendors that sell you the products.
> >
> >> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many people use
> >> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any lang we
> >> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
> >
> >You have never had a "Right to steal", stealing is a choice that you
> >make based on some means to rationalize your choice to commit theft.
> >

> But of course, where the infrastructure is basically lawless and
> ruthless, what is a thief? Somehow, I think that Russian citizens
> just don't make judgements such as "yours, mine, theirs", since they
> have never been taught to possess things legally. For 75 years, they
> have been programmed to use the blackmarket, since the other markets
> are controlled by their Government, which claimed to own EVERYTHING
> and EVERYONE. Russia is currently much like our American Wild West
> was during the 19th century, ruled by the gun and fear, rather than
> law.
>
> Don't be so hard in your judgement of Russian Citizens. Instead, find
> fault with the "strong men" in control of their economy.

If the OP, who knows it theft, already has an understanding that it's
wrong, but, just wants to rant a justification for it - how can you
suggest that the OP doesn't understand the difference when they clearly
stated they do?

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 12:14:06 PM

news:o FH6cYhsFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
>> "ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE
>>> since that date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i
>>> don't get what i am
>>> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
>>> microsoft i
>>> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook
>>> which comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to
>>> get it in English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i
>>> called microsoft
>>> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not
>>> help you)
>>> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
>>> market
>>> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
>>> answer
>>> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>>>
>>> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many
>>> people use
>>> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any
>>> lang we
>>> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
>>
>> If the laptop came preinstalled with the Russian version of Windows
>> XP it is what is called an OEM version. You need to speak to the
>> laptop builder/manufacturer (Original Equipment Manufacturer - OEM)
>> to get them to swap out your Russian XP for an English one. They may
>> charge you for this or may refuse to do it. If they refuse then you
>> will have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP in English for your
>> machine. This is an issue between you and the OEM.
>> You do have the right to buy the OS in any language you wish and
>> there are many places on the Internet that will sell you these -
>> however if you get Windwos pre installed then you must make the right
>> purchasing decision when you buy the device from the OEM.
>
> Dealing with all the ways your company screws with consumers, buying a $3
> copy of software is worth it.
>
> Ya'll piss off people with all your acane and arbitrary rules. That's a
> real good way to push consumers away from your products.

Kurt, This is a simple OEM issue.
For example if you by a car from a dealer in red and then decide you wanted
it in blue do you expect the manufacturer to respray it for no charge ? Of
course not - you the customer are expected to be able to purchase the
product you actually want and if you have an issue with your purchase you go
back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

news:o FH6cYhsFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
>> "ike223" <ike223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> well let me start, te last version of windows i baught was 98SE
>>> since that date i stoped buying software from microsoft as i felt i
>>> don't get what i am
>>> paying for, and after almost 6 years useing unoffical versions of
>>> microsoft i
>>> saied ok it is time to give it a try again, i baught a new notebook
>>> which comes with Russian xp and i say it is ok i can call and ask to
>>> get it in English as i understood i paied for that windows too, so i
>>> called microsoft
>>> office and told them the story and all i get was (sorry we can not
>>> help you)
>>> so i told the lady who answered me this means that i should go to any
>>> market
>>> and get a $3.00 version of windows xp and i am realy sorry to say the
>>> answer
>>> was yessssssssssssssssss.
>>>
>>> so now i think microsoft should not be so unhappy about how many
>>> people use
>>> unofficail versions of there os, as it is our right to get it in any
>>> lang we
>>> want chinese. indian, Russian english as long as we pay
>>
>> If the laptop came preinstalled with the Russian version of Windows
>> XP it is what is called an OEM version. You need to speak to the
>> laptop builder/manufacturer (Original Equipment Manufacturer - OEM)
>> to get them to swap out your Russian XP for an English one. They may
>> charge you for this or may refuse to do it. If they refuse then you
>> will have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP in English for your
>> machine. This is an issue between you and the OEM.
>> You do have the right to buy the OS in any language you wish and
>> there are many places on the Internet that will sell you these -
>> however if you get Windwos pre installed then you must make the right
>> purchasing decision when you buy the device from the OEM.
>
> Dealing with all the ways your company screws with consumers, buying a $3
> copy of software is worth it.
>
> Ya'll piss off people with all your acane and arbitrary rules. That's a
> real good way to push consumers away from your products.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

September 6, 2005 3:50:47 PM

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote

> Kurt, This is a simple OEM issue.
> For example if you by a car from a dealer in red and then decide you
> wanted it in blue do you expect the manufacturer to respray it for no
> charge ? Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to
> purchase the product you actually want and if you have an issue with your
> purchase you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

Are you admitting that Windows XP is a product and not a licence?

Alias
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:50:48 PM

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote
>

>> Kurt, This is a simple OEM issue.
>> For example if you by a car from a dealer in red and then decide you
>> wanted it in blue do you expect the manufacturer to respray it for no
>> charge ? Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to
>> purchase the product you actually want and if you have an issue with your
>> purchase you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
>
> Are you admitting that Windows XP is a product and not a licence?
>
> Alias

No - why would you think that.
(I used the car analogy as a simple example of the concept of OEMs, I could
have chosen another one but what would be the point)
This is still just an OEM issue.

You and Kurt seem determined to try and make this some sort of big deal.
The buyer should have bought the PC with the appropriate software/license as
required.
He did not, so he needs to rectify his purchase with the vendor - the OEM.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote
>

>> Kurt, This is a simple OEM issue.
>> For example if you by a car from a dealer in red and then decide you
>> wanted it in blue do you expect the manufacturer to respray it for no
>> charge ? Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to
>> purchase the product you actually want and if you have an issue with your
>> purchase you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
>
> Are you admitting that Windows XP is a product and not a licence?
>
> Alias

September 6, 2005 4:29:16 PM

You wrote and I quote:

"Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to purchase the
***product*** you actually want and if you have an issue with your purchase
you go
back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this."

Alias

> (I used the car analogy as a simple example of the concept of OEMs, I
> could have chosen another one but what would be the point)
> This is still just an OEM issue.
>
> You and Kurt seem determined to try and make this some sort of big deal.
> The buyer should have bought the PC with the appropriate software/license
> as required.
> He did not, so he needs to rectify his purchase with the vendor - the OEM.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote
>>

>>> Kurt, This is a simple OEM issue.
>>> For example if you by a car from a dealer in red and then decide you
>>> wanted it in blue do you expect the manufacturer to respray it for no
>>> charge ? Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to
>>> purchase the product you actually want and if you have an issue with
>>> your purchase you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --
>>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
>>
>> Are you admitting that Windows XP is a product and not a licence?
>>
>> Alias

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:29:17 PM

: You wrote and I quote:
:
: "Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able
to purchase the
: ***product*** you actually want and if you have an issue
with your purchase
: you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this."

The ****product*** was the laptop, not the software or OS
installed included with it.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:49:43 PM

Mike Mueller wrote:
>> You wrote and I quote:
>>
>> "Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able to
>> purchase the ***product*** you actually want and if you have an
>> issue with your purchase you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to
>> resolve this."
>
> The ****product*** was the laptop, not the software or OS
> installed included with it.

The "product" would either be the entire bundle purchased, including
peripherals, OS, and software, or each individual item would be a
"product" unto itself.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
September 6, 2005 10:52:03 PM

"Mike Mueller" <MyName@ecinet.net.net> wrote in message
news:o ulIeAwsFHA.236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>: You wrote and I quote:
> :
> : "Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able
> to purchase the
> : ***product*** you actually want and if you have an issue
> with your purchase
> : you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this."
>
> The ****product*** was the laptop, not the software or OS
> installed included with it.

The OS was a part of the product. The OS was not charged for separately and
there was no separate receipt.

Alias
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:52:04 PM

> "Mike Mueller" <MyName@ecinet.net.net> wrote in message
> news:o ulIeAwsFHA.236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>: You wrote and I quote:
>> :
>> : "Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able
>> to purchase the
>> : ***product*** you actually want and if you have an issue
>> with your purchase
>> : you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this."
>>
>> The ****product*** was the laptop, not the software or OS
>> installed included with it.
>
> The OS was a part of the product. The OS was not charged for separately
> and there was no separate receipt.

Was the graphics card, screen, power cable and other elements charged for
separately and delivered under separate receipts, or did you simply buy a
complete unit, hardware, software et al?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:05:31 AM

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> "Mike Mueller" <MyName@ecinet.net.net> wrote in message
> news:o ulIeAwsFHA.236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>: You wrote and I quote:
>> :
>> : "Of course not - you the customer are expected to be able
>> to purchase the
>> : ***product*** you actually want and if you have an issue
>> with your purchase
>> : you go back to the dealer (the OEM) to resolve this."
>>
>> The ****product*** was the laptop, not the software or OS
>> installed included with it.
>
> The OS was a part of the product. The OS was not charged for separately
> and there was no separate receipt.

Exactly - so the user bought an incorrect product from the OEM so must
return to the OEM to rectify this product issue. Since as you say the OS
(its license) is sold by the OEM as part of the product like the GPU, memory
or any other components.

I am not going to get drawn into so discussion on the semantics of the use
of the word product - but from an generla end user perspective he bought an
entire laptop that does not meet his requirements - so the seller is the one
to rectify this for him - not us. As I have already said this is just an
OEM issue with the ordered configuration of the device.

--

Regards,

Mike
--