Sign in with
Your question

No Sound

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 15, 2010 9:28:24 PM

Hello,

Recently my Dell Latitude running XP has come down with a case of laryngitus. In other words no sound through the interal speakers. If i plug external speakers or headphones into the headphone jack all is cured. I have played with all of the possible control settings I can find within the control panel and nothing seems to correct the situation. Please help if you can?

More about : sound

April 15, 2010 9:40:14 PM

The motherboard is good because you can still get audio through other means.
I don't believe that there is a setting that would cause an issue like this.

I believe you have a hardware issue. Like a bad cable going to your speakers (inside your laptop). If it's under warranty (within a year of purchase) call Dell. If not your only solution for repair would be a technician that knows what they are doing like myself but I live in Minneapolis and I'm guessing you don't live near me.
m
l
April 15, 2010 11:03:36 PM

hi, i had a nx0910 compaq with the same issue as yours! i was able to get the sound via speakers but not via my internal ones!

i opened the laptop and shouldered 2 wires to make a circuit for the internal speakers and it worked!
m
l
April 20, 2010 8:36:08 AM

I had the same problem with a packard bell I opened it up and covering the head phone jack there is a metal cover I removed that carefully as it was only covering the top on mine and from the back could see the pin inside had been forced out to much so with a needle gentally squeezed the pin out towards the centre of the jack it's like a bent bit holds the head phones next to the pin inside and mine started working again .I too thught it was a software fault and tried everything hasn't stopped since just be gental
m
l
!