edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hey Guys,

Are Gaming keyboards worth the cost? I recently got a nice gaming mouse and can see a vast difference over the one I was using, and have since been thinking about a keyboard in the same vein? So can anyone offer advice as to whether there worth the cost?

Thanks!!

What type of keyboard you want depends on what options you need.

The only noticible differences between a standard multimedia keyboard and a gaming style keyboard are a few of the following:

light up keys, lcd screens (ingame info), faster response times (not really noticable), special movement keys/macro keys.

if that is your cup of tea then you might want to buy one. A standard keyboard works fine for games if you don't want to spend extra money.

One thing you might want to look into is mechanical keyboards. I prefer them over rubber-dome switch kbs for everything (again, if you "like" them. Keep in mind that the best quality ones are based on standard designs (not multimedia or gaming)

-----

in general: 99.99% of the time having a $90 keyboard will not make you better at games. Pick what works best for everything you do on the computer and not just gaming.