Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Keyboards

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 3, 2010 11:46:41 PM

Hey Guys,

Are Gaming keyboards worth the cost? I recently got a nice gaming mouse and can see a vast difference over the one I was using, and have since been thinking about a keyboard in the same vein? So can anyone offer advice as to whether there worth the cost?

Thanks!!

More about : gaming keyboards

a b 4 Gaming
December 6, 2010 6:35:04 PM

What type of keyboard you want depends on what options you need.

The only noticible differences between a standard multimedia keyboard and a gaming style keyboard are a few of the following:

light up keys, lcd screens (ingame info), faster response times (not really noticable), special movement keys/macro keys.

if that is your cup of tea then you might want to buy one. A standard keyboard works fine for games if you don't want to spend extra money.

One thing you might want to look into is mechanical keyboards. I prefer them over rubber-dome switch kbs for everything (again, if you "like" them. Keep in mind that the best quality ones are based on standard designs (not multimedia or gaming)

-----

in general: 99.99% of the time having a $90 keyboard will not make you better at games. Pick what works best for everything you do on the computer and not just gaming.

!