Sign in with
Your question

Blue tint LED monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 4, 2010 4:24:22 AM

I just bought a new ASUS MS238H and received it today. I tried to connect it with my old HP dv6000 laptop through VGA to see how it works and has any problems. The screen appears blueish, no red at all. I thought it would be my VGA cable or the connections of both my monitor and laptop, but when I replace it with another VGA cable. the problem's still there.
I've searched for solution for all day, some said that my monitor is faulty. Some said that because of my graphic card which is very old.
I've contacted to ASUS customer service and still waiting, if you guys have any ideas what is going on, or how to solve it, please help!
Many thanks in advance.

Update: My brother happens to tell me to keep his monitor (it's an old Sony) so I tried to connect it to my laptop to figure out something. That monitor also displays no red at all which it works fine on my bro desktop. So I guess it's not about my new monitor. Still waiting for my new PC to be delivered.

More about : blue tint led monitor

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2010 7:42:03 AM

Presumably you have adjusted the On Screen Display settings.

Try connecting it to another computer (including via digital connector) -- if still blue it's faulty.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2010 12:11:10 PM

Is there just a blue tint or is there actually no red channel?
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2010 2:45:54 PM

It's like no red at all. It will display a blue rose instead of the original red one.
m
l
a c 433 D Laptop
a c 195 C Monitor
December 4, 2010 3:56:18 PM

I would try to connect it to another computer. If the monitor is incapable of displaying red, then there should basically be no colors displayed where the rose should be. Sounds like you need to go into the monitor's menu to adjust the colors. Basically increasing the red tone and decreasing the blue tone.
m
l
December 4, 2010 4:13:45 PM

I did go through the monitor settings to adjust the color tone (RGB), basically the screen stayed the same if I adjust only the red tone to zero, and it'll turn green if I adjust only the blue tone to zero. It seems the monitor can't display red.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 5, 2010 1:33:35 PM

That would either be a problem with the cable or the mointor. I would try using a DVI cable.

Also you will be able to see the rose despite having no reds on the monitor. Since the image would not be pure red and there is also black and white channels.

Still it is very unlikely the monitor was broken only in the red channel. Check your graphics card too.
m
l
December 5, 2010 4:27:50 PM

rofl_my_waffle said:
That would either be a problem with the cable or the mointor. I would try using a DVI cable.

Also you will be able to see the rose despite having no reds on the monitor. Since the image would not be pure red and there is also black and white channels.

Still it is very unlikely the monitor was broken only in the red channel. Check your graphics card too.

I'll try to connect it to new my new PC through VGA and DVI (since I've been waiting for it to be delivered). As the update, I also connected my laptop to another monitor, and it displays no red at all. So I guess most likely it's either my laptop or both the cables.
m
l
!