Screen saver and power options not functioning

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Power
  • Windows XP
September 5, 2005 2:25:32 PM

The screen saver and power options on my new Dimension 9100 will not kick
in. I have tried MSCONFIG/General/Normal startup/apply/reboot and it seemed
to work for a short time. It has now reverted back to not working. I am
running Windows XP Pro. Could it be an app conflict? (I am running
SpySweeper, AVG Anti Virus and WinFax Pro 10.03 in the background) Any
suggestions? Thanks.

More about : screen saver power options functioning

February 5, 2010 3:26:54 PM

My screensaver did work but NOT the power options (hibernate, shutdown after 45 minutes). after querying devices, i found that a ? under BUS enumerator (Nvidia in my case), so i typed - MSINFO32 in the run command (XP PRO) and looked up under COMPONENTS then PROBLEM devices, there i copied the problem device name and googled it to find the DRIVERs to install, which in this case was at the NVIDIA website.
Now my power options are working.
!