Screen saver and power options not functioning

The screen saver and power options on my new Dimension 9100 will not kick
in. I have tried MSCONFIG/General/Normal startup/apply/reboot and it seemed
to work for a short time. It has now reverted back to not working. I am
running Windows XP Pro. Could it be an app conflict? (I am running
SpySweeper, AVG Anti Virus and WinFax Pro 10.03 in the background) Any
suggestions? Thanks.

indycalgary

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
My screensaver did work but NOT the power options (hibernate, shutdown after 45 minutes). after querying devices, i found that a ? under BUS enumerator (Nvidia in my case), so i typed - MSINFO32 in the run command (XP PRO) and looked up under COMPONENTS then PROBLEM devices, there i copied the problem device name and googled it to find the DRIVERs to install, which in this case was at the NVIDIA website.
Now my power options are working.