How to customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP.

Hi,

We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.

There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
"Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
their folders to thumbnail.

Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
admin rights on their system.

Warm Regards,

Girish
4 answers Last reply
More about customize windows explorer views windows

    In article <C2026109-E140-44C6-87AE-3A3CE678FF53@microsoft.com>,
    GirishP@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
    > XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.
    >
    > There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
    > "Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
    > their folders to thumbnail.
    >
    > Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
    > admin rights on their system.

    A local user can change their view without any problems.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    are you sure this is correct?

    James Fong wrote:

    > are you sure this is correct?

    What are you referring to? You need to quote at least part of the
    message to which you're responding to put it in context.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Leythos" wrote:

    > In article <C2026109-E140-44C6-87AE-3A3CE678FF53@microsoft.com>,
    > GirishP@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
    > > XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.
    > >
    > > There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
    > > "Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
    > > their folders to thumbnail.
    > >
    > > Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
    > > admin rights on their system.
    >
    > A local user can change their view without any problems.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Hi Leythos,

    Thanks for your quick response. The local user can change their views. But
    the problem is that after you close the the windows explorer and open it
    again, it comes back to the "Tiles" View. My requirement is that i want the
    "Details" view to be default. Everytime the user opens the windows explorer
    he/she should have the "Details" view.

    Awaiting your response.

    Warm Regards,

    Girish

Windows Explorer Customization Windows XP