How to customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP.

Tags:
  • Windows Explorer
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 5, 2005 12:03:01 PM

Hi,

We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.

There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
"Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
their folders to thumbnail.

Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
admin rights on their system.

Warm Regards,

Girish

More about : customize windows explorer views windows

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:16:26 PM

In article <C2026109-E140-44C6-87AE-3A3CE678FF53@microsoft.com>,
GirishP@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi,
>
> We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
> XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.
>
> There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
> "Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
> their folders to thumbnail.
>
> Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
> admin rights on their system.

A local user can change their view without any problems.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

are you sure this is correct?
Related resources
September 6, 2005 3:21:06 AM

James Fong wrote:

> are you sure this is correct?

What are you referring to? You need to quote at least part of the
message to which you're responding to put it in context.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Leythos" wrote:

> In article <C2026109-E140-44C6-87AE-3A3CE678FF53@microsoft.com>,
> GirishP@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are having a setup where users have a restricted access on their Windows
> > XP Professional Desktops. The users can't install and uninstall software's.
> >
> > There is a requirement for having a "Default View" in Windows Explorer as
> > "Details". In addition to this, user should be able to able to change any of
> > their folders to thumbnail.
> >
> > Is there any way in which this can be accomplished without users having
> > admin rights on their system.
>
> A local user can change their view without any problems.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Hi Leythos,

Thanks for your quick response. The local user can change their views. But
the problem is that after you close the the windows explorer and open it
again, it comes back to the "Tiles" View. My requirement is that i want the
"Details" view to be default. Everytime the user opens the windows explorer
he/she should have the "Details" view.

Awaiting your response.

Warm Regards,

Girish