FS: lots and lots of as-is pinballs (Detroit)

The guy at pinball4u.com asked me to post this.
He got a container in of older solidstate games
1980-1989 and wants to sell them. Here is the link
to the pictures and list of games:
http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/

I have no affliation with him other than I know
him and i helped unload the container and i bought
one of the games off the container. You need to
contact him directly for pricing on each game.
>From the price i got on my game I would say
his prices are fair.

These games are imported from an European country
and are set to 220 volts. Conversion is generally
pretty easy and he will do it for you if asked.
All games are 'as is' and definately will need
some work. My game cleaned up well but did need
some love. A nice opportunity for those that like
to work on games and don't have a lot of money.

Somebody grab that Skateball. Those don't come
around very often!

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=================================

cfh@provide.net wrote:
> The guy at pinball4u.com asked me to post this.
> He got a container in of older solidstate games
> 1980-1989 and wants to sell them. Here is the link
> to the pictures and list of games:
> http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/

I'd love to have that beat up RoboCop
if I was closer, too... :((

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=================================

cfh@provide.net wrote:

c'mon Fred,
When did a little 24 hours drive stopped you ? :)

Zardoz

Distinguished
May 30, 2003

YIKES! Now I remember why I've never gone in on one of these "container
deals". I hope he went over there to see what was going in. I see they
use small rocks instead of pinballs in serbia.

>YIKES! Now I remember why I've never gone in on one of these "container
>deals". I hope he went over there to see what was going in. I see they
>use small rocks instead of pinballs in serbia.

Back in the day you would have missed out bigtime. These days the
containers are junk, but cheap junk.

Kirb

Look at the playfield wear on Kings of Steel. I have never saw a
playfield that worn out, that thing is TRASHED!

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

Looks like someone took a belt sander to that PF. How the heck could a
pinball ever do that? That is serious neglect!!! W/O an overlay there
is no hope for that PF

I looked at the Silverball Mania, Playfield is in Very Good Shape
(dirty), Apron Missing, Back Glass is Good, Cabinet is Poor, 110
Converted, Playfield Lit up. MPU did not survive POST. Still it would
be a good project pin for the money...

Steve

Nomad

WTF, is that a 5.1 sound system added to that Fathom? The
horror.....That Jokerz looks pretty good though, maybe even shopped
recently??

nomad

>Looks like someone took a belt sander to that PF. How the heck could a pinball ever do that?

Seen more than one game with hardly any paint. Pinballs will do that
kind of wear sooner or later.

ops just need a working game in some locations regardless of how well
it looks. I've seen a lot of camgrounds where you were better off using
the pinball for firewood.

Kirb

When gasoline went to $2.25 a gallon? :(

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=======================

Mrhide wrote:
> c'mon Fred,
> When did a little 24 hours drive stopped you ? :)

The F14 looks like it was shot out of the sky with a shoulder fired RPG
over Bagdad. Sad to see some of these titles in such poor condition,
it looks like the French took out some of their anti American anger out
on these machines. Great chance for someone to grab some parts machines
on some decent titles.

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Nomad

I really thought of adding speakers to those ports, but I bought the
cab stencils instead...I will repair the cab then repaint. It will be
sweet when I'm done. If I don't keep it, which I may very well do, I'm
gonna sell it to someone who wants a beautiful, plug and play Fathom.

OldSchool

On 1 Aug 2005 08:10:43 -0700, mikep28@omuonline.net wrote:

>Look at the playfield wear on Kings of Steel. I have never saw a
>playfield that worn out, that thing is TRASHED!

I "sawed" pf's worse than that.

It made it easier to fit in the trash bin........... EL

There are still some 1980s container pinballs for sale at
http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/

The guy at the store asked me to post this again.
Prices are very flexible, games are imported from
an European country and most are set to 220 volts.
Conversion is generally pretty easy and he will do
it for you if asked. All games are 'as is' and
will need some work. But all i have power on have
booted. Remote battery holders were installed in
all the Bally games i saw, so battery corrosion has
not been a big deal on these. Generally these games
cleaned up well but do need some love. A nice
opportunity for those that like to work on games
and don't have a lot of money to spend.

Contact Marty at sales at pinball4u dot com
or call him at 248-866-2400 for prices and
more information. He's generally pretty easy
to deal with. I'm just doing this as a favor
and i'm not connected to these games.

cfh@provide.net wrote:
> The guy at pinball4u.com asked me to post this.
> He got a container in of older solidstate games
> 1980-1989 and wants to sell them. Here is the link
> to the pictures and list of games:
> http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/
>
> I have no affliation with him other than I know
> him and i helped unload the container and i bought
> one of the games off the container. You need to
> contact him directly for pricing on each game.
> >From the price i got on my game I would say
> his prices are fair.
>
> These games are imported from an European country
> and are set to 220 volts. Conversion is generally
> pretty easy and he will do it for you if asked.
> All games are 'as is' and definately will need
> some work. My game cleaned up well but did need
> some love. A nice opportunity for those that like
> to work on games and don't have a lot of money.

Why are these damn things always so far from me. I'm right smack in
the middle of the country and nothings ever close!

grumble grumble grumble

MitchelWB

Yes, you can't go wrong dealing with these guys.

My RoboCop arrived safe and sound yesterday. :)

Marty is easy to deal with and will work with
you as Clay says. Even shipping is reasonable.

And Clay, thank you again for going the extra
mile to help get Robo to TX. I likely wouldn't
have done the deal without your concern and
efforts. Hope I can return the favor someday.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=================================

cfh@provide.net wrote:
> There are still some 1980s container pinballs for sale at
> http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/
>
> The guy at the store asked me to post this again.
> Prices are very flexible, games are imported from
> an European country and most are set to 220 volts.
> Conversion is generally pretty easy and he will do
> it for you if asked. All games are 'as is' and
> will need some work. But all i have power on have
> booted. Remote battery holders were installed in
> all the Bally games i saw, so battery corrosion has
> not been a big deal on these. Generally these games
> cleaned up well but do need some love. A nice
> opportunity for those that like to work on games
> and don't have a lot of money to spend.
>
> Contact Marty at sales at pinball4u dot com
> or call him at 248-866-2400 for prices and
> more information. He's generally pretty easy
> to deal with. I'm just doing this as a favor
> and i'm not connected to these games.
>
> cfh@provide.net wrote:
> > The guy at pinball4u.com asked me to post this.
> > He got a container in of older solidstate games
> > 1980-1989 and wants to sell them. Here is the link
> > to the pictures and list of games:
> > http://www.pinballs4u.com/container/
> >
> > I have no affliation with him other than I know
> > him and i helped unload the container and i bought
> > one of the games off the container. You need to
> > contact him directly for pricing on each game.
> > >From the price i got on my game I would say
> > his prices are fair.
> >
> > These games are imported from an European country
> > and are set to 220 volts. Conversion is generally
> > pretty easy and he will do it for you if asked.
> > All games are 'as is' and definately will need
> > some work. My game cleaned up well but did need
> > some love. A nice opportunity for those that like
> > to work on games and don't have a lot of money.

>And Clay, thank you again for going the extra mile to help get Robo to TX.

....checking calendar....nope, not April

....checking temp...nope, hell didn't freeze over

....looking out window....nope, no pigs flying

"hello Ripley's? Have I got a story for you guys..."

Hey, glad you guys are helping one another. At least THAT part of the
hobby is still out there.

Kirb