I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
scanner. The error message is Windows could not load the installer for
Image. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log or
Windows Image Aquisition. I have two such files and I do not know whether I
am supposed to have two or not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these
files and where to get one to replace the two I have deleted.

I know I have the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO scanner
and already had contact with Epson and they are telling me it is a Windows
issue.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

David Black wrote:

> I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
> scanner. The error message is Windows could not load the installer for
> Image. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log or
> Windows Image Aquisition. I have two such files and I do not know whether I
> am supposed to have two or not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these
> files and where to get one to replace the two I have deleted.
>
> I know I have the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO scanner
> and already had contact with Epson and they are telling me it is a Windows
> issue.

David, I know you're frustrated with this problem, but posting the same
question multiple times without any reference to the previous posts
specifying what help folks have offered and what you have tried so far
is counter productive - it's reinventing the wheel. If you must repost,
at least include the relevant information from the previous threads.

That said try a parallel install of XP. Create a separate partition on
one of the drives, and install XP fresh. Then try to install the
scanner. If that works at least you know it's a software issue, and not
a hardware issue.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Sorry for the confusion Rock and not including previous conversations. My
hard drive does not have partitions and I know it is not a hardware issue. I
know that it is not a harware issue because I had a previous Epson scanner
when this problem occurred and went out and bought a new scanner thinking it
was a hardware issue and when the same problem occurred it told me it was not
a hardware issue but I believe an issue the the programs I previously talked
about in my original posting.

"Rock" wrote:

> David Black wrote:
>
> > I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
> > scanner. The error message is Windows could not load the installer for
> > Image. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log or
> > Windows Image Aquisition. I have two such files and I do not know whether I
> > am supposed to have two or not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these
> > files and where to get one to replace the two I have deleted.
> >
> > I know I have the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO scanner
> > and already had contact with Epson and they are telling me it is a Windows
> > issue.
> >

> David, I know you're frustrated with this problem, but posting the same
> question multiple times without any reference to the previous posts
> specifying what help folks have offered and what you have tried so far
> is counter productive - it's reinventing the wheel. If you must repost,
> at least include the relevant information from the previous threads.
>
> That said try a parallel install of XP. Create a separate partition on
> one of the drives, and install XP fresh. Then try to install the
> scanner. If that works at least you know it's a software issue, and not
> a hardware issue.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

David Black wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion Rock and not including previous conversations. My
> hard drive does not have partitions and I know it is not a hardware issue. I
> know that it is not a harware issue because I had a previous Epson scanner
> when this problem occurred and went out and bought a new scanner thinking it
> was a hardware issue and when the same problem occurred it told me it was not
> a hardware issue but I believe an issue the the programs I previously talked
> about in my original posting.
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>David Black wrote:
>>

>>>I am getting an error message when attempting to connect my USB cable to my
>>>scanner. The error message is Windows could not load the installer for
>>>Image. I believe the problem might be with a corrupt file setupapi.log or
>>>Windows Image Aquisition. I have two such files and I do not know whether I
>>>am supposed to have two or not. Also, I am not sure if I can delete these
>>>files and where to get one to replace the two I have deleted.
>>>
>>>I know I have the latest driver for my Epson Perfection 2580 PHOTO scanner
>>>and already had contact with Epson and they are telling me it is a Windows
>>>issue.
>>>

>>David, I know you're frustrated with this problem, but posting the same
>>question multiple times without any reference to the previous posts
>>specifying what help folks have offered and what you have tried so far
>>is counter productive - it's reinventing the wheel. If you must repost,
>>at least include the relevant information from the previous threads.
>>
>>That said try a parallel install of XP. Create a separate partition on
>>one of the drives, and install XP fresh. Then try to install the
>>scanner. If that works at least you know it's a software issue, and not
>>a hardware issue.
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

David I don't have anything to suggest to remedy your problems other
than what I did propose. Get some partitioning software such as
Partition Magic or BootItNG which has a 30 day full featured free trial
offer, create another partition of about 15 GB and do a parallel install
of XP to test whether it's a hardware or software issue.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User