Sign in with
Your question

How to create recovery cd for my win7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 9, 2010 5:10:43 PM

Hello,
I purchase new computer without windows burt i purchase win7 for i allready in\staaled now i want to make recovery disk for my coputer system with my all programs how ican do that

More about : create recovery win7

a b $ Windows 7
April 9, 2010 6:46:46 PM

I belive what jojo_35 wants is a system backup image with all programs installed.
I suggest you get an image creating program like Acronis True Image, which is highly recommended by a lot of users like me. It's not free, about $50 US.
There are some free one's around, but I havn't used them and don't know if they are W7 compatible.
Check it out at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/
I recon $50 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
April 9, 2010 7:53:49 PM

Area51reopened Has it right use the built in feature in Win 7 it will backup all programes and settings. I had a problem using it the first time I tried using normal DVD+R disks and went out and got some DVD+RW disks and all went fine.
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
April 9, 2010 8:10:40 PM

To be specific, in Windows 7 you can do this:

Start -> All Programs -> Maintenance -> Backup and Restore

Click the "Create a System Image" link to make a backup of your entire OS partition onto another disk.

Click the "Create a system repair disc" to burn a DVD that you can boot from in order to restore the backup in the event that your OS drive died and you've had to replace it with a fresh one.

You really need to to both - there won't be any way to create the repair disk if your system dies, so it's as important as the backup itself.

I've tested this by backing up my Windows 7 system and using the system repair disc to restore it to a different drive - it works very well.
m
l
!