• HDTV
  • TV
  • Computer
  • VGA
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
December 2, 2012 6:19:33 PM

Hello,

I have a computer with the ATI Radeon HD3450 card, and a LG flatscreen TV, with HDMI, VGA, and assorted other ports. I want to get HD video and sound from the computer to the TV as painlessly as possible. Currently I run it through my Xbox, which is less than HD quality. I'm open to any solutions, including buying a new graphics card.

Oh, and currently, about 18' of cord is needed to go from the computer to the tv. I already own a 25' VGA cable, but as far as I can tell, the TV doesn't have a sound hookup when its in VGA mode.

More about : hooking computer

a b x TV
December 3, 2012 6:06:49 AM

Your LG flatscreen TV should have audio ports which are associated with the VGA PC input. Check your owners manual. You will likely need a 3.5mm stereo to RCA L/R adapter and cable. Aside from that, if your graphics card has an HDMI output, then the next easiest thing to do would be to run a 20'-25' HDMI cable.

Buying a new graphics card would be the last resort. It absolutely should not be necessary.

-Wolf sends
m
l
December 4, 2012 4:28:00 PM

Ok, so when I hook my computer to my tv via VGA cable, the display is a couple of inches off center, and my tv doesn't have a shifting function. I'm open to any solutions that make going from playing games on my computer to watching online episodes on my tv quick and simple.
m
l
a b x TV
December 5, 2012 12:52:19 AM

Check within Catalyst Control Center (or AMD Vision Engine Center, whatever it's called). There should be a function for centering displays.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!