Mshome keeps disappearing

We use Panda as our anti-virus and firewall. Every once in a while, we lose
our home network, including mshome. We both (desktop and laptop, Windows XP
servicepack2) need to turn off Windows firewall.

How do we keep mshome from disappearing? Very annoying as we both run our
respective companies from home.
2 answers Last reply
More about mshome disappearing

    jaco wrote:
    > We use Panda as our anti-virus and firewall. Every once in a while, we lose
    > our home network, including mshome. We both (desktop and laptop, Windows XP
    > servicepack2) need to turn off Windows firewall.
    >
    > How do we keep mshome from disappearing? Very annoying as we both run our
    > respective companies from home.

    You're post is unclear. Without knowing more it seems you have two
    firewalls active. That shouldn't be. Only have one.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Right. First we disable Windows Firewall to keep Panda's firewall up. Then it
    seems that when we run the Network Wizard Widows's firewall comes up again to
    allow file sharing. A few days later MSHOME disappears and we can't see each
    other anymore.

    Two questions:

    How do we restore MSHOME?
    How do we share folders without re-activating Windows firewall?

    Hope this helps?

    "Rock" wrote:

    > jaco wrote:
    > > We use Panda as our anti-virus and firewall. Every once in a while, we lose
    > > our home network, including mshome. We both (desktop and laptop, Windows XP
    > > servicepack2) need to turn off Windows firewall.
    > >
    > > How do we keep mshome from disappearing? Very annoying as we both run our
    > > respective companies from home.
    >
    > You're post is unclear. Without knowing more it seems you have two
    > firewalls active. That shouldn't be. Only have one.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP