XPS and Inspiron 9100 Batteries

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I ordered my 9100, I ordered an optional second 16-cell 132WHr
battery (for XPS, same I understand). The primary is a 96WHr battery,
says 6450mAH 14.8V. Makes sense, 14.8 * 6.450 = 95.46WH.

The additional battery that came with it said 65WH on the battery,
14.8V and 4400 mAH. (14.8 * 4.4 = 65.12). It was supposed to be 132
WH, or 2x that size. I reported this to Dell, they sent the correct
one to replace it, again the replacement one said 65WH.

I am wondering if they are labelled wrong, for convenience they may
use the same shell with 2x the cells in it.

If you have the 132WH battery, would you please check the top of the
battery (as installed) to see what yours says. Cust Supp is clueless.

The batteries identifies itself to the Power Meter as a DELL F34654,
but I can's seem to find a reference to that at DELL.COM.

Thanks,
Bob

<Dude> schrieb im Newsbeitrag:
> The additional battery that came with it said 65WH on the battery,
> 14.8V and 4400 mAH. (14.8 * 4.4 = 65.12). It was supposed to be 132
> WH, or 2x that size. I reported this to Dell, they sent the correct
> one to replace it, again the replacement one said 65WH.

Same here, two 130Wh batteries labelled as 65Wh ones.
Perhaps Dell should start to put a note about this into the package,
would save them a fortune in batteries and us the trouble of calling the
hotline :)

Same here for my i9100.
I assume it is an 8+8 battery.
After assembly of F1244 and C2174, total capacity is 8.8 Ah.