Storage space

I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my storage
space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
10-20G. Thahks.
6 answers Last reply
More about storage space

    I would get a new larger hard drive. They are inexpensive, and most come with software to
    clone your old hard drive, making the transition quick and painless. Then space will not
    be a problem. Or, you could get an external hard drive, and move all of your multimedia
    and data files to that drive.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my storage
    > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
    > 10-20G. Thahks.

    Without knowing what programs you have installed on your computer, I suggest that you start by removing programs that are not needed or used. Games are the most notorious for losing and taking up space.

    --
    Peter

    "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EA95D1-7C51-48D1-AF86-CB0C434875E5@microsoft.com...
    >I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my storage
    > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
    > 10-20G. Thahks.

    Most of my space is taken up by music and some music videos, which I won't be
    deleting. I use all the software on my system and don't play games. I want to
    ADD storage space. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks.

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > Without knowing what programs you have installed on your computer, I suggest that you start by removing programs that are not needed or used. Games are the most notorious for losing and taking up space.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EA95D1-7C51-48D1-AF86-CB0C434875E5@microsoft.com...
    > >I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    > > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my storage
    > > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
    > > 10-20G. Thahks.

    There are a number of just storage options.
    a. Burn the files you want to save to a DVD or CD and then delete them
    from your hard drive.
    b. Add a second internal hard drive.
    c. Add a USB 2.0 or Firewire external hard drive.
    d, Use a USB 2.0 flash drive in 1, 2, etc Gb size.

    If you can, I would recommend adding a second internal hard drive. You
    could use it for both storage and to install programs.
    If you add an external USB/Firewire drive, you could create a partition on
    it to store your system images. Best to store the system images outside
    your computer and a external drive is faster than savings the images on DVD
    or CD.

    Don

    > Most of my space is taken up by music and some music videos, which I won't
    > be
    > deleting. I use all the software on my system and don't play games. I want
    > ADD storage space. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks.
    >
    > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
    >
    >> Without knowing what programs you have installed on your computer, I
    >> suggest that you start by removing programs that are not needed or used.
    >> Games are the most notorious for losing and taking up space.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    >> "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    >> > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my
    >> > storage
    >> > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to
    >> > about
    >> > 10-20G. Thahks.

    Without knowing what's available for external connection purposes and
    version IE USB 1.1 vs USB 2.0 firewire is similar, your current hard drive
    capacity, or its bios hard drive capacity IE 28 vs 48 bit, and internal
    available connections, its impossible to suggest anything appropriate. Cuz
    I don't know what is appropriate. You won't tell me.

    "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my
    storage
    > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
    > 10-20G. Thahks.

    I will do that. Thank you for the advice. TB

    "t.cruise" wrote:

    > I would get a new larger hard drive. They are inexpensive, and most come with software to
    > clone your old hard drive, making the transition quick and painless. Then space will not
    > be a problem. Or, you could get an external hard drive, and move all of your multimedia
    > and data files to that drive.
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    >

    > "Tom B." <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I only have about 1.5 G of storage left on my hard drive. Could someone
    > > please inform me of the various options I would have to increase my storage
    > > space? (i.e internal, external, etc...) I'd like to get back up to about
    > > 10-20G. Thahks.

Storage Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP