MM cabinet prep pics are up

I'm working on my MM restoration and thought I'd take some pics of what
I do when restoring a cabinet. Most of the pics are pretty self
explanatory.

Sanding is done with 80 grit then followed up with 120. That's as fine
as I've found I need to go. Black paint is Painters Touch semi gloss
found at Home Depot. I use 5 cans on the cabinet and 2 cans for the
head.

I prefer to use bondo as the filler but other materials can be used.

Wear a long sleeve shirt and glove or you'll be scrubbing all day to
get the overspray off your arm. A good dust mask is also highly
recommended or you'll be blowing black boogers for a week.

Total time for the whole process was 8 hours and 4 beers. Of course
the beer drinking didn't start until noon......that's the house rules.
:)

One other thing, do like I do and do this in a friends shop so you
don't mess up your own. :)

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins?page=2

Just click on MM Cab prep. You can click on MM restoration and see how
I install the decals dry.

And no, Lloyd, I've had no flames......yet. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

What, doesn't everyone do this? Flame resistant suit and glove. :)

The flashbacks from that....one time....are still a little much to
take. They don't come as often anymore, but I'm not taking any
chances.

Ben wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2005 07:56:04 -0700, "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm working on my MM restoration and thought I'd take some pics of what
> >I do when restoring a cabinet. Most of the pics are pretty self
> >explanatory.
>
> Am I the only one that finds this picture very disturbing?
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album42/mmc028
> ;-)
>

> Nice job on the prep Bryan. I just went through all this on my
> Creature and it's not easy work.

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ben wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2005 07:56:04 -0700, "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm working on my MM restoration and thought I'd take some pics of what
>>I do when restoring a cabinet. Most of the pics are pretty self
>>explanatory.
>

> Am I the only one that finds this picture very disturbing?
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album42/mmc028
> ;-)
>

> Nice job on the prep Bryan. I just went through all this on my
> Creature and it's not easy work.

Don't let Bryan fool you - that rubber glove is to protect from
electrical shorts, not overspray!

And yes, I'm doing nearly this exact same thing on my Fish Tales right
now - it's a LOT of work.

Robert
-----
http://www.robertwinter.com