PinBrawl 2005 updates . . .

Hey everybody,
Just wanted to provide some PinBrawl 2005 updates for everyone. Pinball
Expo has been moved to November, but PinBrawl's 7th annual team
tournament is still a go for launch. We currently have 16 teams
registered for the tournament, and have recently announced the
availability of PinBrawl 2005 t-shirts. Trophies are in the process of
being built and the list of games that will be featured in the
tournament is growing.
We have experienced some increased demand of people who want to enter
the tournament. We could never have anticipated that 16 teams would
have prepaid for this tournament 8 months in advance, but that's
EXACTLY what happened. It just goes to show how truly fun and unique a
tournament PinBrawl is. Due to overwhelming response, John and I have
decided to possibly experiment with expanding the field.
Why are we doing this? We feel that with the progress we have made
towards this year's tournament, we can handle the increase in teams. By
adding 8 more teams, this allows us an opportunity to also add a third
division. This "C Division" is for casual players whose skills may
not be on par with world championship players. Those that feel
intimidated by playing against the best players in the world now no
longer have to be. Not only will these teams have the opportunity to
play against the world's greatest pinball wizards, but with the
structure of the tournament, these teams also will get a chance to play
other teams of similar skill levels. So now, all teams can simply sign
up for the PinBrawl tournament to have a good time, and have a chance
to win some prizes in the free raffle, and walk out with an incredible
trophy.
The one catch we have is that we will only create this new "C
Division", if these 8 teams are registered . This is due to the new
seeding program that will be used in PinBrawl 2005, thus reducing the
slow qualifying period that has taken place each year. This will also
allow for an extra round of match play. If only 7 teams sign up, we
will unfortunately be refunding those teams their entry fees.
We can guarantee that 24 teams is the MAXIMUM number of teams we will
expand to for this year's tournament. If you wanted to play, and missed
out registering because the teams filled up, this is your LAST chance.
Teams will only be registered once payment is received. Paypal is
preferred, but with PAPA right around the corner, it is a good chance
for pinball players to come together and form their teams at the
tournament. Simply find Josh Sharpe on the PAPA tournament floor, pay
your $120 fee and get registered for the tournament. If you wish to pay
by paypal, please make all payments to pinlicious@gmail.com. It is
unsure how fast these 8 spots will fill up, but if they go at the rate
that the first 16 went . . .SIGN UP NOW!!

**** Because we are adding a "C Division", this means we will be
awarding 4 additional trophies at this year's tournament. With
PinBrawl's philosophy, the "C Division" carries equal weight as
the A Division, thus all winners will receive trophies of the same
stature.

To give you a quick rundown as to how we plan to run this years'
PinBrawl, here is a brief overview:
- 24 teams will be seeded (based on the PinBrawl criteria)
- all teams play in the 1st round and the top 8 (POINT TOTALS) advance
to the "A Division (all ties will be broken with top seeds
automatically advancing). These top 8 teams will be reranked based on
the first round point totals. This will be the last reranking as the
bracket will be locked once match play is started.
- the remaining 16 teams will all play head to head with the 8 winners
from this second round advancing to play in the "B Division" (all
ties will be broken with top seeds automatically advancing). These 8
teams will be ranked similar to the A Division, and this bracket will
be locked upon the start of match play.
- the other 8 teams will make up our "C Division" under similar
rules and will start their match play

We now have our A, B and C Divisions . . . may the best teams win! :)

WE WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE CHANCE TO WIN A TROPHY! :)

thanks,
Josh Sharpe & John Kosmal
PinBrawl tournament directors

interested in a PinBrawl t-shirt . . . check out
http://www.pinballreviews.com/pbshirtad.htm

WE HAVE OUR 17TH TEAM SIGNED UP!

ONLY 7 SLOTS LEFT!

http://www.pinballreviews.com/pinbrawl.htm

someone get madison and wedrick on the horn! they aren't registered
yet. cyber-roy? the dutch team? who else is coming to expo? korn? do
you have any other chicago mafia reps? i am sure the mpl is good for
another team. what about all these players i hear about that live in
ohio? where are all the east coasters? texas in the house? where are
all the players at? chicago pinball league wanna throw in another team?
:)

this will be the largest PINBRAWL! in history!

don't miss out.

while you may not have an entire team assembled, you can still reserve
a spot and fill in your team in the months to come.

the trophies were redesigned 3 times already in the last few months to
be bigger and better than last year. this years trophies (as currently
designed) are 3'4" tall and weigh over 7lbs.
pictures will be posted as soon as we have a FINAL assembled trophy.

t-shirts are going to happen, so make sure you get your order in on
those as well.

http://www.pinballreviews.com/pbshirtad.htm

we also have some other suprises planned so don't miss out on the fun!
:)

thank you

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

18 spots filled, only 6 slots left.

we are missing some big names on the list too.

remember, with the c division, we have trophies over 3' tall for all
skill levels.
we have yet to have our first FAMILY register. would be really cool to
have mom, dad, and 2 kids on a team.

thanks!

Koz Pinlicious schreef:

> WE HAVE OUR 17TH TEAM SIGNED UP!
>
> ONLY 7 SLOTS LEFT!
>
> http://www.pinballreviews.com/pinbrawl.htm
>
> someone get madison and wedrick on the horn! they aren't registered
> yet. cyber-roy? the dutch team? who else is coming to expo? korn? do
> you have any other chicago mafia reps? i am sure the mpl is good for
> another team. what about all these players i hear about that live in
> ohio? where are all the east coasters? texas in the house? where are
> all the players at? chicago pinball league wanna throw in another team?
> :)
>
> this will be the largest PINBRAWL! in history!
>
> don't miss out.
>
> while you may not have an entire team assembled, you can still reserve
> a spot and fill in your team in the months to come.
>
> the trophies were redesigned 3 times already in the last few months to
> be bigger and better than last year. this years trophies (as currently
> designed) are 3'4" tall and weigh over 7lbs.
> pictures will be posted as soon as we have a FINAL assembled trophy.
>
> t-shirts are going to happen, so make sure you get your order in on
> those as well.
>
> http://www.pinballreviews.com/pbshirtad.htm
>
> we also have some other suprises planned so don't miss out on the fun!
> :)
>
> thank you
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

it is been unknown for me if i go to the EXPO yes or No.
it depends on several things. but i speak with Josh and Chris newsom
about @ PAPA since i will see them over there.
but i let my eyes on Team Slam tilt (team of McEwen and Newsom) he
needs 2 people. maybe i can fit into his team? if he wants me in his
team offcourse. however if so i would rather like to be in his team. to
be continued..

Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy

either way, we would love to add some international flava' so see if he
is looking for teammates or start your own :)

we played one year at expo on the tz in the gameroom downstairs. man,
were we all desperate for some pin at that time ;-) KOI WAS THERE TOO!

HEY KOI! GET SOME OF YOUR LEAGUE BUDDIES TOGETHER AND FILL UP A COUPLE
OF SPOTS! :-D

cya!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

i remember that time also KOZ :)
the little basement Arcade in the Ramada Hotel
:D with pins like God'filty'zilla and TZ :) 'with an WORKING clock' LOL

and what i also remember from back there was that you were an
outstanding performer of the bang-back ball save on the TZ :D
you did the trick over and over again.

and i speaked with ya too in front of your hotelroom,
with the whitewood RFM playfield in your hands :D

and yeah KOI is a great person.(hope he is @ PAPA again this year) :)

he actually videotaped me when i had a KILLER 'winning' game on LOTR
with TOPS @ PAPA last year :D i'm wondering if he can make a copy for
me :)

need to email him about it, actually.

anyway it would be nice to be @ EXPO too again, but what i said before
need to see if i can make it happen.

Tha Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy

great memory :)

yes, i remeber talking to you in front of the room door as well :)

now get to PINBRAWL! AND EXPO 2005! :-D

pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

Just throw your name in the players pool if you dont have a team.
Since Josh bailed on his 3 teammates from last year there could be
quite a powerful 'Silver Slugging' team still available and as of yet
signed up.

hihihi :) yes people are telling me that all the time.

'you got great memory'

anyway Koz,. Pinbrawl should be a nice oppurtunity
along with the chance winning a new stern pin at the 'everything or
nothing' tournament.:)

i were @ the Pinbrawl site. but the prices link seems not be working. i
don't know
if it's still under construction? anyway KME put me in the players
Pool. i can always cancel it if i can't go to Expo doesn't it :)

Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy

Price is $120 per team ($30 per player). Teams that end up in the
A-Division will be guaranteed at least 2 rounds of play, while teams in
the B-Division and C-Division will be guaranteed at least 3 rounds of
play. Not bad for your $30!! I think anyone who has participated in the
past will tell you that the hours of entertainment alone is worth the
$30 entry fee.

-Josh Sharpe

all links should be working now.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

just a fyi to everyone, kme did the t-shirt design and is helping with
other pinbrawl efforts. thanks for all the help kme :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

No problem... But Pinbrawl is all about Josh's efforts and those that
donate the games like Brian B. I wouldn't be putting effort into
something if it wasn't as fun as Pinbrawl is! here's hoping for an
international pinbrawl some day :)

thanks to all you guys for doing this, it was my first pinbrawl last
year and it was an exciting time- really.
playing in the singles tournaments is great fun, but its even better
when you're on a team. its a rush......
thanks kids:)

It has been a blast to run for the past 6 years. The biggest thanks has
to go to all the participants who have had to endure long qualifying
times, power outages, bad lighting, cramped spaces, starting at 7am, no
breaks for food, etc.
The tournament has pretty much run itself each year because everyone
just goes with the flow. I know it's not really appropriate for me to
play in my own tournament, but I don't care, it's so damn fun!!
With Koz's help this year, it will surely be the biggest and best yet.
We're eliminating the qualifying round, so everyone doesn't have to sit
in the lobby for 2 hours waiting for each team to play their one ball.
Trophies are going to be UNBELIEVABLE, and that's even compared to last
year's UNBELIEVABLE trophies!
Speaking of trophies, does anyone have any cool ideas for some extra
trophies that we can award. I think the introduction of the MVP trophy
and Best In Show (or the "Brian B") trophy were great additions. We may
have room for a couple of more. Best EM? Best SS? Most Played Game?

-Josh Sharpe

Best Original Team Name

Best "politically" incorrect Team Name

Mark Salas wrote:
> Best Original Team Name
>
> Best "politically" incorrect Team Name

Anything that doesn't require trophies going to all 4 players on a team
:)

stop posting and start practicing team-mate! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
(whos skills are as rusty as a sunken ship! :-(

jeez, isn't 15 trophies enough already!? ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

well, good luck this year orin. if you have any updates on your team,
feel free to e-mail me directly.

just a reminder to everyone to order your official pinbrawl! shirt now!
:)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

In article <1123033454.813803.43800@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
KME <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>How about a Least Valuable player? He can win the official Pinbrawl
>earmuffs and blindfold ;)

Geez, last year that should have been me. The way I played some of those
games I should have had a blindfold, cigarette, and my back to a brick
wall. The zero-points ball on a particular EM was my official highlight,
I think we lost that game by something like 100 points.

Orin

--
Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com
lobster @ |

Orin Day wrote:

> The zero-points ball on a particular EM was my official highlight,
> I think we lost that game by something like 100 points.

Ah yes, the Alpha with the hair trigger tilt. Personally, I thought that
game was a lot of fun. :)

Serg

Orin Day wrote:
> In article <42F2DD10.8F075BE0@charm.net>, Serg <dusty@charm.net> wrote:
> >Orin Day wrote:
>
> >> The zero-points ball on a particular EM was my official highlight,
> >> I think we lost that game by something like 100 points.
>
> >Ah yes, the Alpha with the hair trigger tilt. Personally, I thought that
> >game was a lot of fun. :)
>
> I got a zero without a tilt!
>
> Orin

That Target Alpha is alive and well, and still up to its old tricks. I
was just playing it last night with my father and his last game of the
night went like this: 41,000 points on ball one with an extra ball, 10
points on the extra ball, 10 points on ball two, and ZERO points on
ball three. Dad wasn't too happy about that one, as he tilted the game
and then turned it off! Me, I was ROTFLMAO! It is a real fun game,
most of the time.

Brian Bannon |