nec DVD+RW ND1100A - what name brand media will work for 4..

I've got a dell 4600 with a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and I have upgraded
the firmware to 10ge, but I still cannot burn some media at 4x. I've
had a spindle of memorex that I have been using. They burn fine at
2.4x, but not at 4x. I bought some of the TEON 4x DVD+R from STAPLES
that was on sale (~$4.99 after rebate), and they will not burn at 4x,
and may burn at 2.4x if you don't put to much data/video on it. It
seems that this burner is picky about the media.

What brands of media will work reliable in this burner? DELL brand?
3 answers Last reply
More about nd1100a brand media work

    that is an old burner as compared to the newer nec, they were finicky about
    what they would burn and so were a lot of other older burners. if you find a
    media that works stick with it. you could upgrade to a 2500 a or a2 they
    will use just about anything and they are less than 100 dollars
    "will" <killwilliam@movies.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a dell 4600 with a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and I have upgraded
    > the firmware to 10ge, but I still cannot burn some media at 4x. I've
    > had a spindle of memorex that I have been using. They burn fine at
    > 2.4x, but not at 4x. I bought some of the TEON 4x DVD+R from STAPLES
    > that was on sale (~$4.99 after rebate), and they will not burn at 4x,
    > and may burn at 2.4x if you don't put to much data/video on it. It
    > seems that this burner is picky about the media.
    >
    > What brands of media will work reliable in this burner? DELL brand?

    I have the same burner
    TDK's always burn at 4x. Of course they are not the cheapest.

    "will" <killwilliam@movies.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a dell 4600 with a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and I have upgraded
    > the firmware to 10ge, but I still cannot burn some media at 4x. I've
    > had a spindle of memorex that I have been using. They burn fine at
    > 2.4x, but not at 4x. I bought some of the TEON 4x DVD+R from STAPLES
    > that was on sale (~$4.99 after rebate), and they will not burn at 4x,
    > and may burn at 2.4x if you don't put to much data/video on it. It
    > seems that this burner is picky about the media.
    >
    > What brands of media will work reliable in this burner? DELL brand?

    Maxells work for me..

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 00:52:21 GMT, "Dennis" <DennisRob3@netscape.net>
    wrote:

    >I have the same burner
    >TDK's always burn at 4x. Of course they are not the cheapest.
    >
    >"will" <killwilliam@movies.com> wrote in message
    >> I've got a dell 4600 with a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and I have upgraded
    >> the firmware to 10ge, but I still cannot burn some media at 4x. I've
    >> had a spindle of memorex that I have been using. They burn fine at
    >> 2.4x, but not at 4x. I bought some of the TEON 4x DVD+R from STAPLES
    >> that was on sale (~$4.99 after rebate), and they will not burn at 4x,
    >> and may burn at 2.4x if you don't put to much data/video on it. It
    >> seems that this burner is picky about the media.
    >>
    >> What brands of media will work reliable in this burner? DELL brand?

Dell Burner NEC Computers