bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I know I have Office XP because when I click Microsoft Outlook, before it
loads the box that comes on the screen has Office XP written on it. I tried
updating my office xp via the Microsoft website but it says it's up to date,
however, it hasn't been updated before so I don't see how it's up to date.
When I go to help and click about, in MS outlook, I see Microsoft Outlook
(10.2605.2605) with no service pack number. So I went to
http://www.download.com/Office-XP-Service-Pack-3-SP3-/3000-2064_4-10277509.html?tag=lst-0-1
to download the full version of sp3 since I dont have my installation cd.
However about 5 minutes into the installation, it tells me the expected
version was not found. But I'm sure my product is office XP. Help anyone on
how to update it successfully without the cd. thanks

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Bernie wrote:

> I know I have Office XP because when I click Microsoft Outlook, before it
> loads the box that comes on the screen has Office XP written on it. I tried
> updating my office xp via the Microsoft website but it says it's up to date,
> however, it hasn't been updated before so I don't see how it's up to date.
> When I go to help and click about, in MS outlook, I see Microsoft Outlook
> (10.2605.2605) with no service pack number. So I went to
> http://www.download.com/Office-XP-Service-Pack-3-SP3-/3000-2064_4-10277509.html?tag=lst-0-1
> to download the full version of sp3 since I dont have my installation cd.
> However about 5 minutes into the installation, it tells me the expected
> version was not found. But I'm sure my product is office XP. Help anyone on
> how to update it successfully without the cd. thanks

You should ask in an Office newsgroup, not one for the windows XP OS.
Here is a list of all MS newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Or is the any other way to verify that I have Office XP?