Quick decision on what looks like a great deal

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Newegg has the hp l2465 refurbished on sale for 209.99. Considering it apparantly uses a PVA panel and is still $100 cheaper than the next 24'' 1920x1200 panel, this seems like an obvious buy. Anyone have any experience with it, i.e. is input lag or refresh rate not the greatest? I know buying refurbished is a gamble, but I'll take a gamble with a warranty if it will save me $200. I haven't had the time to do much research on this, but I'd imagine it will sell fast, 16:10 is hard to find, especially at such a relatively low price. I'd like to get whatever input I can, I've been looking for a 1920x1200 monitor for a while now and this seems almost too good to be true, I don't want to miss out on it if there isn't anything seriously wrong with it. Reviews seem to suggest it may have problems with ghosting, and I do play a lot of games so that's an issue I'd really like to hear about from someone who actually has it, or at least knows more about it that me.

zd55

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

I have been looking around for new monitors for gameing as well. I found this Samsung 2494LW for 214, http://www.edexdeals.com/StoreFront/do/product/SAM%3A2494LW?%26category%3DMONITOR-LCD-24. I've been looking at this monitor because it is clocked at 5ms. I've read the same thing about ghosting on the hp and that is why I have shyed away from it but beyond that I haven't seen it in person. As for refurbished items, there is not much you need to be afraid of. I used to avoid refurbished items and opted to spend the extra money for new items. I did research and found that there are standards that (legitimate) companies have to adhere to when they sell refurbished items, such as that it is tested and is in "like new" condition. And companies HAVE to place the label "refurbished" even if it is a returned item that has never been out of the box. Of course I would only apply these characteristics and standards to only companies that are legit : )