System icon

Hi

After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer present
in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?

TIA

More about system icon

    Maybe it has been hidden:

    1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message news:431c98c8$0$17212$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    > Hi
    >
    > After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer present
    > in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >
    > TIA

    There is not a key sysdm.cpl

    --

    "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    Maybe it has been hidden:

    1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer present
    > in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >
    > TIA

    Check this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl. If that key exists, delete it completely.

    Additionaly, can you open System Properties from Start, Run (Start, Run, 'sysdm.cpl', OK)?

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message news:431c9e65$0$17221$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    > There is not a key sysdm.cpl
    >

    > --
    >
    > "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    > Maybe it has been hidden:
    >
    > 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    > 2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    > 3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.
    >
    > --
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Martín
    >

    > "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer present
    >> in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --

    That key is not in the register either, and yes I ncan open thit the
    sysdm.cpl command

    --

    Check this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl.
    If that key exists, delete it completely.

    Additionaly, can you open System Properties from Start, Run (Start, Run,
    'sysdm.cpl', OK)?

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    > There is not a key sysdm.cpl
    >

    > --
    >
    > "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    > Maybe it has been hidden:
    >
    > 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    > 2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    > 3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.
    >
    > --
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Martín
    >

    > "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer
    >> present
    >> in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --

    Open the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load and see if there is any 'sysdm.cpl' value.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message news:431ca2c8$0$7835$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    > That key is not in the register either, and yes I ncan open thit the
    > sysdm.cpl command
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    > Check this key:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl.
    > If that key exists, delete it completely.
    >
    > Additionaly, can you open System Properties from Start, Run (Start, Run,
    > 'sysdm.cpl', OK)?
    >
    > --
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Martín
    >

    > "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> There is not a key sysdm.cpl
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    >> Maybe it has been hidden:
    >>
    >> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    >> 2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    >> 3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Greetings,
    >> Daniel Martín
    >>

    >> "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer
    >>> present
    >>> in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> --

    Not luck there either

    --

    Open the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
    Panel\don't load and see if there is any 'sysdm.cpl' value.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    > That key is not in the register either, and yes I ncan open thit the
    > sysdm.cpl command
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    > Check this key:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl.
    > If that key exists, delete it completely.
    >
    > Additionaly, can you open System Properties from Start, Run (Start, Run,
    > 'sysdm.cpl', OK)?
    >
    > --
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Martín
    >

    > "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> There is not a key sysdm.cpl
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    >> Maybe it has been hidden:
    >>
    >> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    >> 2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    >> 3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Greetings,
    >> Daniel Martín
    >>

    >> "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> After installing Windows XP PRO SP2, the icon System is not longer
    >>> present
    >>> in Performance and Maintenance, what can I do?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> --

    Open this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Extended Properties\{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2. You should have a '%SystemRoot%\system32\sysdm.cpl' value (right pane) with this content: "5". Modify the value or create it.

    With the above steps I assume you can view the System icon if Control Panel is set to its 'Classic View', not 'Category View'. Can you see the icon if you click on the 'Switch to Classic View' option (on the left)?

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    After extended properties is empty
    and yes in classic view I can see it

    --

    Open this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
    Panel\Extended Properties\{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2. You
    should have a '%SystemRoot%\system32\sysdm.cpl' value (right pane) with this
    content: "5". Modify the value or create it.

    With the above steps I assume you can view the System icon if Control Panel
    is set to its 'Classic View', not 'Category View'. Can you see the icon if
    you click on the 'Switch to Classic View' option (on the left)?

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    > Not luck there either
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    > Open the key
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
    > Panel\don't load and see if there is any 'sysdm.cpl' value.
    >
    > --
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Martín
    >

    > "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> That key is not in the register either, and yes I ncan open thit the
    >> sysdm.cpl command
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    >> Check this key:
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl.
    >> If that key exists, delete it completely.
    >>
    >> Additionaly, can you open System Properties from Start, Run (Start, Run,
    >> 'sysdm.cpl', OK)?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Greetings,
    >> Daniel Martín
    >>

    >> "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
    >>> There is not a key sysdm.cpl
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> "Daniel Martín" <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote in message
    >>> Maybe it has been hidden:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and click OK.
    >>> 2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load.
    >>> 3. Check if the key has a 'sysdm.cpl' value (on the right) and delete
    >>> it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Greetings,
    >>> Daniel Martín