BX2450 Response Time Help?

calasmere

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I was wondering if someone could tell me the response time on this monitor as I am getting different information from different sources.

eBuyer states:
Response Time (Typical) 2ms (GTG)
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/224045

Amazon states:
Samsung BX2450 24 inch widescreen Series 50 LED Monitor (5000000:1, 250cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI (Charcoal Grey))

So I'm wondering whether it is 2ms or 5ms? Also what does this mean regarding the contrast ratio?:
Contrast Ratio (Typical) MEGA DCR (Static CR 1000 : 1)

Thanks

I am not sure why the response time is different, but 2ms GTG or jsut 5ms in general isnt noticable. To compare a standard LCD HDTV is about 20-30ms latency, and people play video games on those.

According to Samsungs website it is 2ms So I would think that number is correct.

Contrast ratio helps with picture quality, makes the darks darker and the brights brighter. Typically higher is better. Some monitors have a dynamic contrast ratio, which is my experience is annoying, but it depends on your uses.

From the specs alone that looks to be a decent monitor.

calasmere

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Yes I saw that on the website, I am using a Samsung TV right now and I didn't think the lag would be so bad, I noticed it straight away but I just really wanted to get back to non-laggy gaming.

Thanks for the response.

calasmere

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
It's 60hz, can't even output 120hz. The lag isn't massive but it is noticeable when going from my old monitor and is the reason why I'm going back to using monitors for my PC.