In IE options, I tried setting my slider to accept all cookies - but that
doesn't work (I can't access Hotmail). I must have inadvertently set
something else to block cookies. Can anyone tell me what it might be?
NOTE: I have a firewall installed. Thanks.........

+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

> In IE options, I tried setting my slider to accept all cookies - but that
> doesn't work (I can't access Hotmail). I must have inadvertently set
> something else to block cookies. Can anyone tell me what it might be?
> NOTE: I have a firewall installed. Thanks.........

The firewall might have a setting or an option for cookies.
Change it to unblock incoming cookies.

IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites > type in

hotmail.com
msn.com
passport.net

and Allow Cookies for each domain, in turn.

Suggest disabling any firewall until cookies are working correctly. Make
certain your time, date, and time *zone* settings are all correct.

Managing Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283185
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archhive/answers.htm#cookies

Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299331

Error Message: Not Accepting Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175662

Error Message: Your Web Browser Options Are Currently Set to Disable
Cookies...
(covers re-setting time via command line prompt)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814141

Treat all .NET Passport-related sites as Secure Sites:

Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites

Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)