Whats a good Mid-Tower for the A64 CPU?

Aziboah

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003
I was looking over Antec and Lian-Li cases, but the brand dosent matter to me, as long as the quality is there. I would like to go with an aluminum case and im looking for a mid-tower. Any ones that come to mind? I dont really care much for the windows, but if the case is good, dosent matter to me. ( I like cases which are pretty clean )

thanks!

Depends on what price you're willing to pay.

I personally have a Lian-Li PC6089A. Very nice aluminum case... it's silver with blue LEDs lighting up the front and a side window with a blue border around the outside. Also has a glass door on the front that helps conceal your optical drives if you don't have bezels to match the case.

The only downside for me was the price... it was over $200 CDN (close to $300) WITHOUT a power supply.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Aziboah

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003
300 may be a little too much for me. I was actually checking out the PC-6070 from Lian li, it seems like a nice one. I dont mind paying around 200 for a case.

Now, with an aluminum case, is it nessessary to put as many fans as most steel have? I was a bit concerned with some of the cases I was looking at, because they dident seem to have a spot to put a fan on the fron ( maybe its on the top )

markgun

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.kingwin.com" target="_new">Kingwin</A> makes very high quality aluminum cases that are priced fairly well. Their KT-424 series all come with removable motherboard trays, too. Lian-Li also makes nice aluminum cases, they're pretty expensive though.

<b>Qui habet aures audiendi audiat</b>

Aziboah

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003
the 424 series is priced well, 60 bucks less then the lian-li model I was looking out... though I do like the way that stealth model looks, the door on the front is great. That way I wont have to worry about making the bezels look decent, heh.

I haven't looked at the PC-6070, so I will have to get back to you on that one.

What I did forget to mention, though, is that the case I have came with 4 fans: two in the front drawing in cool air over the hard drives, one exhaust fan in the rear, and a top blow-hole. Most of Lian-Li's cases come with at least the two front fans and one rear fan... not all of them come with the top blow-hole.

(I really wanted a gold-colored case... those looked really nice, but I think they were even pricier than the one I have).

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Aziboah

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003
I have read lots of good things about the PC-6070, the only drawback that is mentioned is since it was designed to reduce noise, so the additions make it run a little hotter, but I dont know if its significant enough to make a difference. Though I was a bit concerned because I will be getting a 9800 pro, and I hear that chipset runs pretty hot...

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
I wish I could be a designer for cases.. becuase i really have a lot of cool ideas for cases.. just the way they are set up. It's a shame i'm not that creative.. i've been looking for a good case for my project for a long time now.

But.. my project is on hold for my other project.
1987 white ford mustang hatchback with white ponies.
All lower end done to it.. time for some bolt on's since i can't do anything else to it..
cough* supercharger*.. cough 12 pound boost.. cough..

p4 2.8 533fsb
intel mobo
1gb rdram pc 800
radeon9800 pro
120gb seagate s-ata

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read the review, from what I've seen Inwin cases are top quality and very sturdy. An older review showed the X-Spider case, which is also very nice. Aopen cases tend to be a little cheaper on materials but built with good quality workmanship.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Snaggle

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
This looks like the perfect gaming case:

" Computer Hardware > Cases (Computer Cases, ATX Form) > COOLER MASTER > N82E16811119029
COOLER Master Praetorian Model# PAC-T01 (SILVER) ALUMINUM MID-TOWER CASE.
Specifications:
Material: All Aluminium Alloy
Form Factor: ATX
Bays: 4x 5.25" 2x 3.5" and 4x 3.5" (hidden)
Expansion Slots: 7
Front Ports: Front mount USB, Firewire and audio connection for easy access
Fans: 3
Power Supply: No Power Supply
Dimensions: L497 x W196 x H452 mm

Model# PAC-T01
Item# N82E16811119029
Stock Status: In Stock
Rating: (avg rating out of 2 voters) Reviews: 1
Click Here For More Product Info

Price: $125.00 FedEx Saver Shipping $15.00"-newegg

Combined with a fortron source 530watt for $77-lol that psu has perfect fan alignment for the lian li pc6070 too(front and back to help cool the case as well as the psu).I've found my case and psu for my build;unless the enermax 600watter comes out before I buy.Anandtech has a review of the pretorian:it's got everything you need up front for gaming;the front fans blow over the harddrives;it has filters;a wide open and removable grill over the back fan and it looks as classy as a lian li!