The Mysterious "error 1324"

I'm trying to Install Sony Sound Forge on my XP system. But when i get
to the installer i get. "Error 1324. The folder path 'program files'
contains an invalid character. What is going on here? I've been
googling the heck out of this error, and have tried most of the
remedies. Can Anyone help?
2 answers Last reply
More about mysterious error 1324

    Sony has support documents. Input installation into the search
    http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/sonypictures.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Brian Spotts" <neocamel@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to Install Sony Sound Forge on my XP system. But when i get
    > to the installer i get. "Error 1324. The folder path 'program files'
    > contains an invalid character. What is going on here? I've been
    > googling the heck out of this error, and have tried most of the
    > remedies. Can Anyone help?

    "Brian Spotts" <neocamel@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to Install Sony Sound Forge on my XP system. But when i get
    > to the installer i get. "Error 1324. The folder path 'program files'
    > contains an invalid character. What is going on here? I've been
    > googling the heck out of this error, and have tried most of the
    > remedies. Can Anyone help?

    Perhaps the message really said "the folder path to 'program files' contains
    an invalid character." If so, this points to an error in the path variable.
    Search for "environment variables".
    Of course, you can see for yourself whether or not the name of the folder
    has an invalid character, thus that is not likely to be the case.
    Jim

Microsoft Windows XP