BSOD on Laptop!

Hi all,

I just dual booted Windows 7 with Windows XP Service Pack 3 on a dell inspiron 1520. I had Windows XP installed first, then installed Win 7. Everything worked until I got a BSOD. When the laptop boots up, I am given 2 options, Windows 7 and Previous Version of OS (xp). I am able to boot into Win 7 with no problems, but when I try to boot into XP, I get BSOD!

Here is what it says:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80559340, 0xB84FFC38, 0x00000000)

Any ideas with what the problem might be??? :/
9 answers Last reply
More about bsod laptop
  1. Were you able to boot into WinXP from the dual boot option before you got the BSOD?
  2. What size partition did you make for WinXP?
  3. WR2 said:
    Were you able to boot into WinXP from the dual boot option before you got the BSOD?

No, I wasn't able to.
  4. WR2 said:
    What size partition did you make for WinXP?

Both are on 1 hard drive, Windows XP was originally 227GB, I made it 177GB and gave WIN 7 50GB
  5. Your laptop is pretty messed up. You should delete both system patition and install a fresh copy of windows (7 or XP). Also, you should check you hard drive for badds.
  6. I'm looking for ways to do it so that I do not loose any data.
  7. Bump...
  8. Another thing, I can boot fine in safe mode in XP. And also, I had remove the mediadirect partition using GParted before installing windows 7.
  9. After hours of searching (=_=), I fixed my problem: Had to use the windows xp recovery disc and entered:
    bootcfg /rebuild
    fixboot
    fixmbr

It turned out that the bootloader was really messed up, which was giving me BSODds.. Thanks for the help ppl.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows 7 Blue Screen Windows XP