networking problems

September 5, 2005 6:11:02 PM

Hi everyone,

I had all Linksys Wireless equipment. Everything worked fine until my
linksys router died, I replaced it with a Belkin router. My computer has a
linksys wireless USB adapter (hardware version 2.6) but all my other
computers have 2.5. My computer randomly would lose its connection to my
network, but instead of showing it, the send light in the system tray would
stay on and the receive off, and if I double clicked the icon to see the
status, it would come on for a milisecond then close. To fix this I had to
unplug and replug in my wireless adapter, I had Service Pack 1a. I just
reformatted expected it to be fixed and I have 3 different versions of the
drivers. One on the CD that came with it, a newer one on the linksys website,
and a newer one on the windows update site by microsoft. In the two linksys
ones, i don't get disconnected but starcraft lags every few seconds, but with
the windows update driver, I lose connection but starcraft works. It seems to
not drop my connection when I am using the internet connection. I upgraded to
SP2, but it does the same thing, except the network light stays off in the
system tray, it says its connected, but I can't see a network name. Any idea
what I should do, maybe disable window's zero config and install the linksys
utility with one of the drivers? Thanks!

More about : networking problems

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:15:33 AM

microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless

--

!